Paris – what? I hear you asking about the name of this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe (Paris-Brest, p 475). Basically, it’s a large choux-pastry ring, filled with crème pâtissière, created in 1891 to commemorate the Paris–Brest bicycle race. It’s supposed to represent a bicycle wheel and apparently became popular with riders on the […]
This week’s Tuesdays with Dorie recipe was Espresso Profiteroles (p 411) which I admit I was quite excited about. In theory. However, I didn’t read the recipe last week, until I started making these on Sunday morning. Until I realised that I was supposed to make ice cream. Cinnamon ice cream. (Ick!). AND esprosso-flavoured choux […]
what are you looking for?
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Dorie’s Cookies): Puffed Grain & Miso Cookies
- No-bake chocolate energy bites
- Les Petits Chefs make Jamie Oliver’s Cauliflower Tikka Masala from Jamie’s VEG
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Cannelés
- Cook the Book Fridays: Pasta with Shrimp, Squash, Lemon and Lots of Herbs from Everyday Dorie