Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Tangerine Carrot Cake

Baking chez moi tangerine carrot cake on eatlivetravelwrite.comThis weekÔÇÖs Tuesdays with Dorie recipe is the perfect cake to enjoy on a snowy Sunday afternoon with a cup of tea or coffee. It’s simple to make, leaves the house smelling amazing and tastes even better the next day. Win, win and win!

Tangerine carrot cake from Baking Chez Moi on eatlivetravelwrite.comThis Fluted Tangerine Carrot Cake (p 22) is meant to be baked in a fluted quiche or tart pan – one without a removable bottom which I don’t own. I went with a simple 9″ cake tin so mine was not quite so pretty…

Interior tangerine carrot cake from Baking Chez Moi on eatlivetravelwrite.comThe cake has a whisper of carrot (1 medium) and a big hit of tangerine (or clementine, in my case) from both zest and juice so it tastes more like a citrus cake than carrot. It’s light and moist and perfect sprinkled with a touch of icing sugar…

Tuesdays with Dorie tangerine carrot cake on eatlivetravelwrite.com(or even topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream… just saying)

This is a recipe I will come back to. So versatile, so easy. SO tasty.

Baking Chez Moi Cover

Tuesdays with Dorie participants don’t publish the recipes on our blogs, so you’re encouraged to purchase Baking Chez Moi for yourself which you can do on Amazon (this link should bring you to the Amazon store in your country) or for free worldwide shipping, buy from The Book Depository. Then join us, baking our way through the book!

Please note: The product links from Amazon and The Book Depository are affiliate links, meaning if you click over and purchase something, I will receive a very small percentage of the purchase price which goes towards maintaining eat. live. travel. write. Thank you in advance!

, , , , , , , ,

18 Responses to Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Tangerine Carrot Cake

1. Mr. Neil January 12, 2016 at 09:26 #

This cake is stellar. It, to me, is representative of what I love about much of Dorie’s recipes: simplicity, letting flavours shine through.

Much better suited to tea than coffee; something aromatic like Early Grey. Orange Pekoe if you want a little less.

Or, of course, a wee tipple in the evening. ­čśë

2. Ryan January 12, 2016 at 10:48 #

Your cake looks great! I was about to use an ordinary 9″ cake pan because I only had a tart pan with a removable bottom, but I ended up taking a gamble by using my tart pan anyway. The batter was thick enough that hardly anything seeped out of the bottom, in case you want to try it for yourself in the future!

3. Margr├ęt J├│hanna January 12, 2016 at 11:05 #

Your cake looks great. It is a good idea to sprinkle it with powdered sugar. The glaze was a bit too sweat. Love your china!

4. Summer January 12, 2016 at 20:03 #

Your cake looks perfect. I bet it was great with the powdered sugar too.

5. Summer January 12, 2016 at 20:06 #

Your cake looks perfect. I bet it tasted good with powdered sugar, I even liked it plain.

6. Margaret @approachingfood January 12, 2016 at 21:04 #

You’re right, it does taste more like citrus than like carrot. But good no matter what the predominant flavour it! And I never thought to just dust it with icing sugar, but that’s a great idea. Your cake looks great!

7. Cakelaw January 12, 2016 at 22:38 #

Your cake looks so pretty with its dusting of icing sugar. I liked the carrot, orange and ginger together – delish.

8. sanya January 12, 2016 at 22:55 #

Your cake looks perfect! I was surprised by how light and moist it turned out.

9. Zosia January 13, 2016 at 08:57 #

Your cake is lovely. I don’t think it needs the fluted pan to look good.

10. Nana January 13, 2016 at 13:29 #

I love the coloring in your cake, so nice and bright. Also, the powdered sugar on top looks perfect.

11. alisa January 13, 2016 at 17:42 #

I do not own a fluted pan without a removable bottom so I went ahead and used it anyway and it worked out perfectly! You are right, the citrus was the dominant flavor, all I could taste was the lemon I used.

12. Joyce, Kitchen Flavours January 14, 2016 at 08:41 #

Your cake looks wonderful! I did not use a fluted pan either. Love the powdered sugar over yours!

13. Diane Zwang January 15, 2016 at 10:57 #

Look forward to this cake especially with Mr. Neil’s great review and recommendation for tea.

14. steph (whisk/spoon) January 16, 2016 at 20:00 #

Oh stop–your cake is totally pretty! I used a removable bottom tart pan and it worked out just fine.

15. Kim January 20, 2016 at 20:34 #

Oh I loved the powdered sugar on top!! I bet that was the perfect finish! Yay for you ­čÖé

16. Nicole @ The 2nd 35 Years January 23, 2016 at 10:01 #

This was so delicious wasn’t it? And of course yours is gorgeous as usual!

• Mardi Michels January 23, 2016 at 20:13 #

Thanks so much. And yes, this was so very good!

17. Teresa March 29, 2016 at 21:50 #

I think this cake is lovely, fluted or no. I finally caught up with this recipe on the blog today and am catching up on the group’s posts about it, too. It was a big hit here and I’m not surprised that it seems to have gone over well universally.