Today, January 6th is the feast of Epiphany, celebrating the arrival in Bethlehem of the Three Kings on their visit to the baby Jesus. The Kings give their name to the delicous treat that is widely eaten in France to celebrate this day – la Galette des Rois or le Gâteau des Rois. I was […]
This post is sponsored by the British Columbia Blueberry Council. Hurray – it’s blueberry season in Canada! Who doesn’t love the arrival of fresh BC Blueberries? I mean, they just scream “summer” don’t they? Blueberries are such a versatile fruit – on cereal or yoghurt for breakfast, in smoothies, on their own as a snack […]
This week’s Tuesdays with Dorie recipe from Baking Chez Moi happened to be a perfect fit with the rest of my baking projects (finalising the last few recipes for my book!). Dorie calls a Pithiviers (named after a city in the north of France) one of the “great, forgotten pastries of France, nudged out of […]
what are you looking for?
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Dorie’s Cookies): Sesame-Sea Salt Cookies
- Five things I learned about life from Mairlyn Smith’s Peace, Love and Fibre.
- Cook the Book Fridays: Mushroom-bacon galette from Everyday Dorie
- Les Petits Chefs make lemon ricotta pancakes from Peace Love & Fibre with Mairlyn Smith
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Pistachio and Raspberry Financiers