This week’s Tuesdays with Dorie recipe is a simple brown sugar cake made a little fancy with some caramelized rhubarb on top (Rhubarb Upside Down Brown Sugar Cake, pp 24-25). Luckily for me, the first rhubarb just started showing up in the farmers’ markets and the other week I was able to get my hands […]
This month for the Cookbook Book Club, Jan, Jenn and I did something a little different. In case you are new to the blog, the Cookbook Book Club is my once a month “cooking from the same cookbook” meal with Jan from Family Bites and Jenn from Chocolate Shavings. We’ve already had dinner with Marcella, […]
I love that when Chef John Placko of the Modern Culinary Academy (the guy who has dined at El Bulli in Spain and Noma in Denmark – read his impressive bio here) comes to work with Les Petits Chefs that he thinks big. Like me, John believes that with the right kind of guidance, kids can […]
We made it! Today is the final day of school and it’s with a hint of sadness that I am posting this, the last Petits Chefs post for the 2012-2013 school year. I’ll miss the guys over the summer but I can’t wait to head to Paris in a couple of weeks to learn a […]
what are you looking for?
- French Fridays: Carrot Cake from My Paris Kitchen
- Les Petits Chefs make Orecchiette Pasta with Swiss Chard and Burrata from Bringing it Home!
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Chocolate Creme Caramel
- French Fridays: Frenchie New Bistro Cooking
- Les Petits Chefs make Polish gnocchi from Wild Honey and Rye