Dorie Greenspan’s newest chocolate chip cookies for Tuesdays with Dorie

Dorie Greenspan favourite chocolate chip cookies on eatlivetravelwrite.comThis week’s Tuesdays with Dorie recipe from Dorie’s Cookies was the PERFECT cookie to make and share with my colleagues in the last full week of school (eeek!). I mean, we can always use chocolate chip cookies in the staffroom but this week in particular is a tough one (trying to fit 4 weeks’ of work into 4 days) so chocolate chip reinforcements were necessary.

Now, I’ve made a few chocolate chip cookies in my time but this version is probably my favourite (though I am fickle because I do like most versions…) I’m a chewy chocolate chip cookie lover at heart and these taste “exactly” like some of my store-bought favourites (and actually the ones that the school sometimes sells in the retail store). It’s a combination of white and whole-wheat all-purpose flour and white and brown sugars that just seems to be the magical combination to make the perfect thin and chewy cookie. My cookies looked nothing like Dorie’s do in the book, just as an aside… not sure what’s up with that…

There’s not really much to say about these except: Go, make them. I know I am happy there is still about 1/3 of the dough sitting in my fridge 😉

Get the recipe for Dorie’s “My Newest Chocolate Chip Cookies” on p 125 of Dorie’s Cookies or, conveniently here, on Food 52.

Dorie's Cookies on eatlivetravelwrite.com

Want more cookie recipes? Order Dorie’s Cookies for yourself on Amazon (this link should bring you to the Amazon store in your country) or for free worldwide shipping, buy from The Book Depository. Then join us over on Tuesdays with Dorie and bake your way through the book!

Please note: This post contains product links from Amazon and The Book Depository which are affiliate links, meaning if you click over and purchase something, I will receive a very small percentage of the purchase price (at no extra cost to you) which goes towards maintaining eat. live. travel. write. Thank you in advance!

Disclosure: I was provided with a copy of “Dorie’s Cookies” for review purposes. I was not asked to write about the book, nor am I being compensated for doing do. All opinions 100% my own.

, , , , , ,

16 Responses to Dorie Greenspan’s newest chocolate chip cookies for Tuesdays with Dorie

1. Peggy June 6, 2017 at 07:19 #

Cannot wait to make these. I like chewy over crisp. But you cannot go wrong with chocolate chip cookies either way!

2. Cakelaw June 6, 2017 at 08:02 #

They look fantastic – can’t say no to a chocolate chip cookie.

3. Diane Zwang June 6, 2017 at 13:20 #

I don’t think there is a chocolate chip cookie that I haven’t liked to make. I am looking forward to making these. Good luck with the rest of the school year. My son graduates middle school on Thursday!

• Mardi Michels June 16, 2017 at 06:16 #

Haha! Chocolate chip cookie research is so hard, right? Congrats on your son’s graduation!

4. Sarah B. June 6, 2017 at 16:54 #

They look fab! Can’t wait for these!

5. Summer June 6, 2017 at 17:55 #

They look delicious. You make them sound so good too. I’m hoping mine turn out well but my standards aren’t as exacting. 😉

• Mardi Michels June 16, 2017 at 06:16 #

They are pretty hard to mess up 🙂 You will love them!

6. Peggy June 7, 2017 at 11:50 #

You asked me about halving the recipe on the blueberry bars. I would not advise it. They are made in an 8 x 8 pan. So there are not many cookies anyway. I guess if you had a 4 x 4 pan it would work?

7. Teresa June 8, 2017 at 16:14 #

I loved these, too. I’m a pluralist when it comes to chocolate chip cookie rule (crispy, chewy, soft; white, whole wheat, gluten-free; chopped chocolate, chips, or wafers – I’ll take them!), but these ones are definitely in my top ten. I had a similar experience with a River Cottage chocolate chip cookie recipe – mine looked nothing like the ones in the book, though I double-checked the ingredients as I baked.

• Mardi Michels June 16, 2017 at 06:13 #

These are definitely in my top 10 for sure. My colleagues already asked me to bake them again!

8. Joyce, Kitchen Flavours June 9, 2017 at 10:14 #

I am going to make these soon! Look super yummy!