Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Jammer Galette

This week’s Tuesdays with Dorie recipe is basically a giant version of Dorie’s famous “Jammer” cookie (which I have had the pleasure to enjoy) so I mean what could go wrong?

Dorie Greenspan jammer galette on eatlivetravelwrite.comInterestingly, this would have been the perfect recipe to “minify” as I am wont to do but for some reason, I had my heart set on making a full-sized version of this. Next time, though, I’ll be making the smaller cookie-sized version (though I know it’s a little fiddly from reading other people’s posts).

Dorie Greenspan Baking Chez Moi jammer galette sliced on eatlivetravelwrite.comYou start out by making a shortbread-y cookie dough for your base then freezing it after you’ve rolled it out (the dough is very sticky). Then you’ll spoon some jam (I used fig) over the top, sprinkle the jam with a streusel mixture and bake it up…

Jammer galette for Tuesdays with Dorie on eatlivetravelwrite.comIt’s buttery, soft, crunchy and crumbly all at the same time. Melt-in-your-mouth stuff.

Slice of jammer galette on eatlivetravelwrite.comI loved the large-sized version of one of my favourite cookies – it’s great to slice and serve (and it lasts a few days at room temperature too) so would be wonderful for company. I do, however, have my eye on cookie-sized jammers in the very near future though… A(nother) definite winner from Baking Chez Moi…

Get the recipe for Jammer Galette on p 114 of Baking Chez Moi.

Baking Chez Moi Cover

Tuesdays with Dorie participants don’t publish the recipes on our blogs, so you’re encouraged to purchase Baking Chez Moi for yourself which you can do on Amazon (this link should bring you to the Amazon store in your country) or for free worldwide shipping, buy from The Book Depository. Then join us, baking our way through the book!

Please note: The product links from Amazon and The Book Depository are affiliate links, meaning if you click over and purchase something, I will receive a very small percentage of the purchase price which goes towards maintaining eat. live. travel. write. Thank you in advance!

, , , , , , ,

16 Responses to Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Jammer Galette

1. Margrét Jóhanna April 26, 2016 at 05:59 #

Looks great. This was easy to make and I love that I could make the crust and the streusel in the same bowl. Not so much washing up.

2. Nicole @ The 2nd 35 Years April 26, 2016 at 06:22 #

What a great idea to use fig jam! I will have to try this instead of the strawberry Jame next time.

3. Nicole @ The 2nd 35 Years April 26, 2016 at 06:23 #

What a great idea to use fig jam! I will have to try this instead of the strawberry next time.

4. Peggy the Baker April 26, 2016 at 09:18 #

Looks wonderful. I loved how you can make the crust and streusel ahead of time. Lovely!

5. steph (whisk/spoon) April 26, 2016 at 11:07 #

this is a great combo, big or small! fig jam sounds delicious here.

6. Ryan April 26, 2016 at 13:16 #

Wow! Your galette looks perfect and sounds delicious with the fig jam! Cookie-size jammers sound like a great idea, too!

7. Zosia April 26, 2016 at 18:10 #

The fig jam sounds like a delicious filling. I have plans to make the cookies as well since the galette was such a big hit.

8. Cakelaw April 27, 2016 at 07:31 #

This was terrific, wasn’t it. Definitely a winner for me.

9. Summer April 27, 2016 at 11:26 #

Your galette looks absolutely perfect and delicious. I bet fig jam made it extra tast.

10. Summer April 27, 2016 at 11:27 #

Your galette looks absolutely perfect and delicious. I bet fig jam made it extra tasty.

11. Kathy April 27, 2016 at 16:23 #

Mardi, Your tart looks fabulous! Can’t wait to give it a try.

12. Diane Zwang April 27, 2016 at 20:16 #

This was a hit in my house too. I served it for a dinner party and not a crumb left.

13. Teresa April 28, 2016 at 14:48 #

Fig jam was a great choice for this tart. I used some homemade jam that was due to be used up. This will be my go to for using up jam in future – it’s a perfect showcase for any flavour.

14. Karen April 29, 2016 at 11:42 #

I am regretting that I haven’t made this wonderful looking dessert yet. I will have to find a reason to make it soon! Fig jam sounds like a delicious choice.

15. Margaret @approachingfood May 1, 2016 at 20:49 #

Fig jam sounds extra-classy! And your jammer galette looks super-yummy!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Links: Strawberries, Maple Syrup Grading, and a Winner - Food in Jars - May 1, 2016

[…] Jammer galette. […]