Arriving at 8am put us at the hotel at 9am. Penelope is directly opposite the hotel at 30th and Lexington and even at that early hour, it was packed. The food was fresh and delicious and reasonable portions (i.e. not humungous but definitely substantial). I had “Sam I Am” described as: Two farm fresh eggs […]
It’s good to know that a weekend in New York City does not have to cost an arm and a leg. I decided to log our (necessary) expenses from our Victoria Day trip to the Big Apple, just to see if you could “do” New York on the cheap without living like a backpacker (‘cos […]
So here I am in Chili’s at Edmonton “International” Airport. Anyone who knows me will be surprised at this, since a sort of upscale fast food restaurant that serves Mexican-themed food (Toronto Life magazine says “think generic family dining covered in Velveeta Pepper Jack” but that’s a bit harsh) isn’t really my meal of choice […]
Welcome to the blog I have created as part of my online blogging course through writers.com. In this blog you might read about the following: Places I go. Foods I see. Food I eat (especially when I travel!) Food that I cook (check out the beginner’s luck with the macarons I made recently! This will […]
what are you looking for?
- French Fridays: Warm chocolate cake with salted butter caramel sauce from My Paris Kitchen
- Les Petits Chefs make Chopped Thai Salad from Modern Lunch (with Allison Day!)
- eat. live. travel. write. is TEN today!
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Cookies-and-Cream Tartlets
- Cook the Book Fridays: Green as spring soup from Everyday Dorie