This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe, boeuf à la ficelle (p 248) was one I was a little leery of for a few reasons. Firstly, the recipe itself, including the headnotes is three pages. THREE pages! Very unlike Dorie! Secondly, it calls for you to basically poach a beef tenderloin. Really? Poach a beautiful […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie (Boeuf à la mode, p 252) saw me making my first ever pot roast! (And if you are wondering, à la mode does not refer to “with ice cream” in this instance!) Yes, that’s right – I have never made a pot roast before, believe it or not! For […]
So here we are at the final Petits Chefs session for Term 2, where we’ve been “cooking the books”. I’ve been so thrilled to work with the boys using real recipes this term and I am so happy with the results – if we can do what we do in an hour in the science […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie (beef cheef daube with carrots and elbow macaroni, p 246) was served to some friends who came over for a “blog food” dinner as I am wont to do every now and then… A “blog food dinner” for those of you not in the know is when you look […]
One of the first things I thought as I leafed through my copy of The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook was how much my Petits Chefs would enjoy many of the dishes. Uncomplicated in their preparation, yet sophisticated and delicious in taste, the dishes in this cookbook form part of a very very long “want to make” […]
what are you looking for?
- Geoff on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Mardi Michels on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!
- Diane Balch on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- yummychunklet on French Fridays with Dorie: Baby Bok Choy, Sugar Snaps and Garlic (not) en Papillote
- Cher on How my oven is teaching me to be a better baker!