I’m a huge fan of hot chocolate and quite often around 3pm when my classes are done, I’ll indulge in a small cup to keep me going through the late afternoon. At my last job, I worked in two different buildings and en route from one building to the other, there was a Second Cup Coffee Co.™ where I could be found most days in the winter during my breaks enjoying a small hot chocolate.
What’s even better than a hot chocolate, though? How about a Hot Chocolate Cookie?
That’s right – all the great flavour of the Second Cup Coffee Co.™ signature Hot Chocolate in a cookie.
Canadians from coast-to-coast rated the Second Cup Coffee Co.™ Hot Chocolate the best they’ve ever tasted and now it can be enjoyed in cookie form too – a new, decadent, soft-bite and not-too-sweet cookie featuring the same delicious Hot Chocolate flavour that Canadians know and love!
The Hot Chocolate Cookie is handcrafted locally from scratch using premium ingredients (cocoa powder sourced from Latin America, Asia, West Africa and Singapore) and delivered daily to Second Cup Coffee Co.™ cafés to ensure the highest possible quality and freshness. The Cookies are available to purchase individually or in six-packs – perfect for sharing with family, friends or (in my case) colleagues. It certainly made a recent Friday morning at work much sweeter 😉
When I think “hot chocolate” though, I nearly always follow that thought with “marshmallows” so when Second Cup asked me to come up with a recipe featuring the Hot Chocolate Cookie, I couldn’t get the combination out of my head. And so, the Hot Chocolate Cookie and Marshmallow Cheesecake Parfait was born 🙂
Hot Chocolate Cookie and Marshmallow Cheesecake Parfaits
The perfect winter treat: fluffy marshmallow cheesecake layered between crumbled hot chocolate cookies!
- 2 Second Cup Coffee Co. Hot Chocolate Cookies, crumbled
- 50 mls milk
- 200g mini marshmallows
- 250g cream cheese, softened (at room temperature)
- 200 mls whipping cream (35%)
- Place the marshmallows into a medium saucepan with the milk and melt over a low heat, stirring regularly.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric hand beater, whip the cream.
- In a separate bowl, with an electric hand beater, beat the cream cheese until soft.
- Stir the cooled marshmallow mixture into the cream cheese, then gently fold in the whipped cream.
- In eight 125ml (1/2 cup) ramekins or jars, place enough cookie crumbles to cover the base.
- Spoon or pipe in a layer of the marshmallow cheesecake.
- Layer some more cookie crumbles then add another layer of marshmallow.
- Repeat until the ramekin or jar is full, finishing with a few cookie crumbles.
- Enjoy straight away or, for a firmer texture, refrigerate for a few hours.
The “cheesecake” layer is based on a favourite dessert around here – coeur à la crème. Here, I’ve replaced the sugar with marshmallows and used less whipping cream but the texture, especially once it’s set, is just like a cheesecake, only flavored like marshmallows.
I’ve alternated layers of the cheesecake with crumbled Hot Chocolate Cookie. It’s perfect to eat straight away or, for a more “cheesecake-like” texture, let it set in the fridge for a couple of hours. Either way, it’s a fabulous new take on hot chocolate and marshmallows.
The Second Cup Coffee Co. ™ Taste It & Rate It survey
Second Cup Coffee Co.™ wants to know what you think of their new Hot Chocolate Cookie and is challenging you to #TasteItRateIt. It’s easy and delicious to participate. From January 27 – February 28, visit a participating Second Cup Coffee Co.™ café* and indulge in a new, fresh-baked Hot Chocolate Cookie. Then, visit the Second Cup Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/SecondCup and rate it for your chance to win 1 of 5 $50 Second Cup Coffee Co.™ gift cards!
*Available at participating Second Cup Coffee Co. cafés in Atlantic Canada, Nova Scotia, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton. Not available in Winnipeg, Saskatchewan or British Columbia.
Follow Second Cup Coffee Co.™
And don’t forget to follow the Hot Chocolate Cookie news via #HCCookie and #TasteItRateIt
Disclosure: I received payment in exchange for developing one original recipe featuring the Second Cup Coffee Co.™ Hot Chocolate Cookie and for promoting the #TasteItRateIt survey. Second Cup Coffee Co.™. has not reviewed this post prior to publication and all opinions are my own.