T’is the season… for bubbles! One of the things I love most about the holidays is how people tend to drink a little more Champagne. Personally, I feel that Champagne should be enjoyed anytime of year, not just for special occasions – I mean, it DOES go with everything! One of my favourite “side trips” […]
If you’ve been reading this blog for a little while, you might remember I’ve baked from the Butter Baked Goods cookbook a few times. The first book from Rosie Daykin of Butter Baked Goods in Vancouver features over 100 recipes for classic baked goods. I made the ‘no fail’ marshmallows, gorgeous pumpkin chocolate chip blondies […]
It’s a big birthday for my mum today. But you’d never know it looking at her. I can only hope I look half as good as she does when I’m her age. My mum’s been probably the biggest influence on my love of food and cooking. Much like my Nana, mum always had a meal […]
Two weeks. Great wine. Fabulous food. Family. Friends. It doesn’t get much better than this. As you read this, I am most likely winging my way home from France. The above is a quick recap in images of the past two weeks spent in Epernay (Champagne) and Sablet (Côtes du Rhône). There will be more […]
what are you looking for?
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Dorie’s Cookies): Rose Hibiscus Shortbread Fans
- French Fridays: Merveilleux from My Paris Kitchen
- In the French kitchen with kids: Les Petits Chefs perfect mixed berry galettes!
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Sunday in Paris chocolate cake
- Giveaway: Where to Go When (Canada) (CLOSED)