This post is sponsored by Penotti Canada.
For this month’s Penotti Canada recipe, I chose to work with Duo Penotti Cookies & Milk spread. I mean, it’s the summer holidays in Canada which means there will be a lot of kids with a lot of time on their hands. What could be better than have them help make their own snacks? And who doesn’t like an easy cookie recipe? This one has only a handful of ingredients so if you have a jar of Duo Penotti in your pantry, you’re probably set. They only take a few minutes to whip up and bake so you can literally have a warm cookie in your hand (and in your glass of milk) in under an hour.
The Duo Penotti Cookies & Milk spread tastes exactly like a certain chocolate cream sandwich cookie that I used to enjoy when I was younger. It’s is made with real cookies (50%), organic milk, UTZ certified cocoa (supporting sustainable cocoa farming) and RSPO certified sustainable palm oil. It’s not too sweet which I really like in a spread and it’s great to bake with because it’s not too sweet. It makes for a soft cookie, yet sturdy cookie that’s perfect for dunking. To get your cookies perfectly round, I suggest using a cookie scoop – less mess to clean up as well!
Cookies and Milk Cookies
Easy 6-ingredient cookies and milk cookies.
- 175 mL (3/4 cup) Duo Penotti Cookies & Milk Spread
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 150g (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350˚F and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, using electric hand beaters, mix the Cookies & Milk Spread, egg and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda and sea salt together and gradually combine with the wet ingredients with the mixer on low speed.
- Use a 1½ teaspoon cookie scoop to portion the cookies. Flatten them slightly onto the tray with the bottom of a small glass. Place the cookies about 5cm (2 inches) apart to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to sit on the trays for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool to room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 5 days.
Disclosure: This post was created in partnership with Penotti Canada. I received compensation and product in exchange for a series of original recipes to appear here over a five month period. As always, all opinions are my own. I only work with companies and brands that I use myself. Thank you for supporting the brands that support eat. live. travel. write.
Please note that this post contains affiliate links meaning if you click over and purchase something, I will receive a very small percentage of the purchase price (at no extra cost to you) which goes towards maintaining eat. live. travel. write. Thank you in advance!