French Fridays: Salted butter caramel-chocolate mousse from My Paris Kitchen

As David himself says about this week’s Cook the Book Fridays recipe from My Paris Kitchen “There’s not much I can say about this. One bite will leave you just as speechless.He’s right. This is, simply put, very very good.. This was the very first recipe I made from the book, back when I first received it in 2014 and it received rave reviews then. I was happy to see it on the schedule for this month.

LIttle pots of David Lebovitz salted butter caramel chocolate mousse on eatlivetravelwrite.comI made a batch of these a couple of weekends ago and took advantage of my new “Petit Pot” lids to store them in the fridge. Seeing them in there made me think of the mousse I often buy when I am in France. It doesn’t sound like much to say this reminded me of store-bought mousse but trust me, this is a good thing. Mum and I ate a few of those when we were in France in March and she will attest to the fact that they are excellent.

Small jar of salted butter caramel chocolate mousse on eatlivetravelwrite.comDavid’s mousse, however, is SO easy to make, you won’t feel like you need a trip to France to get your mousse fix and with a hint of salted caramel, it’s bound to please everyone…

One jar of David Lebovotz salted butter caramel chocolate mousse on eatlivetravelwrite.com Up close salted butter caramel chocolate mousse on eatlivetravelwrite.com Texture of salted butter caramel chocolate mousse on eatlivetravelwrite.com

REALLY not much to be said. Make this.

Get the recipe for Salted butter caramel-chocolate mousse on page 258 of My Paris Kitchen or find an online printable recipe here (I had permission to share the recipe from the publisher!)

MyParisKitchenDavidLebovitz

Purchase My Paris Kitchen for yourselves on Amazon (this link should bring you to the Amazon store closest to you) Or for free worldwide shipping, buy from The Book Depository then join us over on Cook the Book Fridays!

Please note: The product links from Amazon and The Book Depository are affiliate links, meaning if you click over and purchase something, I will receive a very small percentage of the purchase price which goes towards maintaining eat. live. travel. write. Thank you in advance!

Disclosure: I was provided with a copy of “My Paris Kitchen” for review purposes. I was not asked to write about the book, nor am I being compensated for doing do. All opinions 100% my own.

, , , , ,

18 Responses to French Fridays: Salted butter caramel-chocolate mousse from My Paris Kitchen

1. Nicole @ The 2nd 35 Years May 6, 2016 at 06:29 #

I agree that I didn’the have much more to say about this than n I did, but it really speaks for itself. So delicious!

2. Edna May 6, 2016 at 07:04 #

My stomach is grumbling just looking at these photos! A good mousse can never be overrated.

3. David May 6, 2016 at 07:47 #

Looks great – glad you liked the mousse!

4. mary hirsch May 6, 2016 at 08:59 #

Glad your Mum enjoyed the mousse. How could she not.

• Mardi Michels May 6, 2016 at 09:06 #

Oh mum didn’t eat these mousses – just the ones you can get at the supermarket in France!

5. sanya May 6, 2016 at 09:28 #

They look amazing in the jars! Love them!
    I really wanted to make this and the texture in your photo looks so good.

6. Shirley @ Flourishen Test Kitchen) May 6, 2016 at 12:08 #

I love your petit pots with the colorful lids. They brought the lightheartedness to this spectacular, but very brown, mousse. I look forward to reading the next post on the recipe.

7. EmilyC May 6, 2016 at 13:26 #

Mardi, I remember your post about the chocolate mousse you and your mom ate in French, and I loved those little pots they came! Easy to pull off, everything by hand (for me!).

• Mardi Michels May 6, 2016 at 15:00 #

Hey Emily even *I* don’t remember a post I wrote about mum and I eating chocolate mousse in France – you have a better memory than me. Then again, me and mum eating chocolate (mousse) in France is definitely something I probably mention often!!

8. Betsy May 6, 2016 at 21:04 #

Loved these too! I especially like your cheerful plate. You’re right that these are so easy to make. Hard to believe because of how delicious they are. seems like they must require more effort than they do.

9. Teresa May 7, 2016 at 00:53 #

I used my Petit Pot jars for this, too – I couldn’t resist. This mousse is my favourite recipe, now. The combination of caramel, salt, and chocolate is heavenly.

10. Natascha May 7, 2016 at 06:51 #

This is my new favourite as well! I love your photos! I was so impressed by how easy they were to make too! A perfect make ahead dessert too!

11. Katie May 9, 2016 at 08:45 #

I love the petit pot lids, Mardi! I mean, your photos are always gorgeous, but I think they’re just so evocative of spring right now and with a sort of light-hearted “let’s be outside” feel to them! Glad the mousse has worked so well for you both times you’ve made it!

12. Margrét Jóhanna May 10, 2016 at 12:22 #

I love all the colors in your photo. This was very tasty and such a nice dessert you can make ahead.

13. Karen May 11, 2016 at 13:26 #

This has become an all-time favorite dessert in my house and I’m sure I will be making it often.

14. lisa brown May 12, 2016 at 08:23 #

I love your petit pots, I guess I will need to get some of those now. It was a quick and easy dessert- wasn’t it. But tastes like it was more work 🙂