Those of you who read this blog on a regular basis know that I am a bit of a sweet tooth. It runs in the family – both my my mum and sister (and secretly, though he’d never admit it, my dad!) are big on desserts, sweets, chocolate, cakes, pastries… you get the idea… So when the folks at Green & Black’s Canada asked if I would like to participate in their Easter Recipe Hunt, I couldn’t say no!
With the weather warming up (in theory!) and with Easter (and all its chocolately temptations) just around the corner, I wanted to try making something a little lighter for a dessert. I had a lot of different ideas for how to use the chocolate but ended up with a take on a family favourite – coeur à la crème. I love this dessert and make it a lot. I’ve made Dorie Greenspan’s version of coeur à la crème recently. I make a mean plain chocolate coeur à la crème. I’ve also experimented with lightening the plain coeur à la crème up by using Greek yoghurt. This version, made with Green & Black’s Organic White Chocolate and Green & Black’s Organic Milk Chocolate and served in a glass jar or ramekin (glass custard cups would also be great) uses Greek yoghurt and is quite small serving sizes so you can feel (sort of) virtuous about eating it.
I just love the effect of the duo of mousses in those little glass jars!
- 1 cup (250 ml) heavy cream (35%)
- 250 g (8 oz) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 60 g (2 oz) Green & Black’s Organic White Chocolate
- 60 g (2 oz) Green & Black’s Organic Milk Chocolate
- Melt the chocolates in separate bowls (you can either do this for 1-2 minutes in a microwave on 50% wattage or over a double-boiler). Stir to ensure there are no lumps then set aside to cool slightly.
- Whip the whipping cream in a large bowl with a hand-held mixer until it forms soft peaks then set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese with the Greek yogurt until smooth in a medium bowl with a hand-held mixer. Slowly add the sifted icing sugar until the mix is smooth and creamy. Divide the cream cheese mixture in halves. Place one half of the mixture in another bowl.
- Add the melted milk chocolate to one portion of the cream cheese mixture, folding with a rubber spatula until it is completely combined.
- Add the melted white chocolate to the other portion of the cream cheese mixture, making sure to fold in completely.
- Add half the whipping cream to each of the chocolate and cream cheese mixtures and gently fold until combined.
- Using a spoon (or a piping bag for more precision), dollop spoonfuls of the mix, alternating milk with white, into clear ramekins or mason jars.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 6 hours to overnight.
- Serve with grated chocolate on top.
Don’t they look tempting?
Disclosure: I was provided with samples of Green & Black’s chocolate so I could develop this recipe. I was also compensated for my time. Opinions are 100% my own. Green & Black’s will provide one (1) winner with a sample pack of ten (10) 100g bars of their organic chocolate.
Like this post? Get blog posts delivered to your inbox! Click here to sign up!
monthly newsletter signup!
MY BOOK! In the French kitchen with kids is out now! Click here for details and how to order!