And there are SO many photos of Nérac in my June/ July/ August memories too…
I have roughly 5 years of French Fridays content on my blog right here – from recipes, to travel stories, book reviews and more. That’s a good place to start! And hey, if it’s learning how to cook French food you’re interested in, can I suggest Dorie Greenspan’s Around my French Table? I cooked my way through the entire book, posting weekly from 2010 to 2015. And, yep, I know a certain kids’ French cookbook that is perfect for Francophiles of any age! Today I’m sharing a few more ways to
Travel to France virtually this summer
1. Take an online cooking class with La Cuisine Paris! Learn how to make French classics from macarons, to croissants or even French bread! All the delicious details here.
3. Learn the basics of French cheese with Taste of Toulouse online cheese workshops!
4. David Lebovitz’s What to buy when starting a French bar at home is an excellent starting point for those who wish to bring a little je ne sais quoi to their liquor cabinet!
5. Rebecca over at Everyday Parisian shares Ways to Frenchify your Summer without leaving home!
6. Departures shares how to take a virtual trip to France for those who won’t get there anytime soon. Virtual museum tours, films in French, French music to listen to and more!
7. Ten French films and series to watch on Netflix via France-Amérique.
8. Complete France shares 9 remarkable French destinations to explore from your armchair!
9. Subscribe to a French magazine! We love France Today! (full disclosure: I sometimes contribute to the publications but we subscribe and have copies in the house in Nérac as well!)
10. Now’s the time to catch up on those classics, right? Complete France shares the 12 Classic French Novels You Should Read.
Remembering, France in lockdown
If you’re hankering for some gorgeous images from lockdown in France, check out Toulouse in lockdown via Toulouse FM, Balade dans un Paris désert via France 24. Astounding images. And last but not least… Nérac sous le confinement via Kevin Bouvet. Sigh.
France will be waiting when you can travel again…
Hey, travel will be possible again. And when it is, consider our little corner of Southwest France…
monthly newsletter signup!
MY BOOK! In the French kitchen with kids is out now! Click here for details and how to order!