Happy “World Nutella Day″ ! Yup, it’s a thing! Originally created by Sara from Ms. Adventures in Italy and Michelle from Bleeding Espresso, World Nutella Day is a day to celebrate, get creative with, and most importantly, eat Nutella. In 2015, Sara transferred World Nutella® Day to Ferrero (the makers of Nutella®) to help it live on and grow for years to come.
It’s the 14th iteration of this auspicious day and my 11th year participating.
In 2010 I made a Nutella cheesecake, in 2011 I made Nutella lamingtons, in 2012 I went French with Nutella macarons craquelés, in 2013, I made Nutella truffle pops. in 2014 I made a flourless hazelnut-chocolate Nutella-inspired cake, in 2015 I made a chocolate-hazelnut smoothie in 2016, I made Nutella éclairs, in 2017 I made Nutella pots de crème, in 2018 I made Chocolate -Hazelnut Financiers and in 2019, I made Nutella Twists and Palmiers.
This year, I’ve gone “Nutella-inspired” with a no-bake Chocolate Hazelnut Bliss Bite (with just 4 ingredients – chocolate chips, roasted hazelnuts, dates and water) that taste JUST like Nutella. They are the perfect pre or post workout snack, a great morning or afternoon pick me up or a post-dinner treat with your espresso. Best of all, they come together in just a few minutes and keep for a week in the fridge. Bet they won’t last long though!
- 120g (1 scant cup) whole hazelnuts, skins removed
- 125g (approx. 8) soft dates, roughly chopped
- 70g (1/3 cup) mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon water
- Place hazelnuts in a the bowl of a mini food processor and process until there are no big chunks left.
- Add the dates and pulse until the mixture forms a paste (you might need to scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula).
- Add the chocolate chips and water and pulse until all ingredients are well-combined.
- Use a 1-tablespoon cookie scoop to measure balls of the mixture and roll between your hands until smooth (the warmth of your hands will help the mixture stick together). If your hands are getting sticky, dampen them slightly.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
What about you – how will you celebrate World Nutella Day?
Please note: I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This means that if you click over and purchase something, I will receive a very small percentage of the purchase price (at no extra cost to you). Thank you in advance!
Like this post? Get blog posts delivered to your inbox! Click here to sign up!
monthly newsletter signup!
MY BOOK! In the French kitchen with kids is out now! Click here for details and how to order!