Easter. Eggs. But not the kind you are thinking of – how about a variation on devilled eggs as an hors d’eouvre for your Easter celebrations? I developed this recipe for McCormick Gourmet as part their Easter Flavour Hunt contest, running now until April 12th.
A twist on a classic, these devilled eggs are a great hors d’oeuvre to pass around before your Easter meal. Or, you know, anytime!
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled and halved lengthwise
- ¼ cup soft goat cheese (the spreadable kind)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- a pinch of McCormick Gourmet Spanish Saffron, crushed between plastic wrap in your fingertips to a powder
- 6 slices dried chorizo
- finely chopped fresh cilantro, to garnish
- sprinkle McCormick Gourmet Cayenne pepper
- Carefully scoop egg yolks into a bowl.
- Set the egg white halves on a serving plate and cover with plastic wrap until ready to use.
- Mash the yolks with the goat cheese, sour cream and saffron until smooth and the colour is uniform. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside until needed.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the dried chorizo.
- Lightly sauté the chorizo in a heavy frying pan over medium heat for a few minutes until fragrant. Drain on a paper towel.
- Now, fill the egg white halves:
- Using a piping bag (with or without a tip), pipe the mixture into the hollows of the whites. You can also scoop the mixture into the egg white halves with a teaspoon.
- Sprinkle each egg with some of the chorizo and cilantro.
- Sprinkle with cayenne pepper to finish.
This Easter, share your best festive dishes and join The Flavour Hunt. McCormick are looking to see how you use their products to bring out the flavours in your most flavourful Easter recipes! Submit your recipe for a chance to take home a Le Creuset cookware set! Your entry will be voted on by the community and a panel of chefs. Do you have what it takes? Join the 2015 Easter Flavour Hunt at Flavour.ca (Contest closes April 12th 11.59pm EST, Canadian residents only, see full Rules and Regulations here)
Disclosure: I received compensation in exchange for developing this recipe for Mc Cormick Gourmet. All opinions are my own.
Let’s inspire governments to do the right thing: Sign It. Share It. Let’s for food education for every child #FoodRevolutionDay change.org/jamieoliver