This week’s recipe for Cook the Book Fridays from David Lebovitz’s My Paris Kitchen is a classic bistro dish – leeks with bacon-mustard vinaigrette. And by “classic” we mean it really should not be messed with. As in, the bacon is a David addition. His partner, Romain, raised his eyebrows when he first say David […]
(I’m currently walking a portion of the Camino de Santiago de Compostela – follow along on Instagram!) The focus for this year’s Food Revolution Day was about sharing the power of cooking, the benefits of cooking from scratch and, ultimately showing people that changing our food choices can make us both healthier and happier. Instead of […]
Psst: Today I’m getting ready to leave to take on 9 days’ walking nearly 180 km on the Camino over the next couple of weeks! If you want to follow along my adventures, Instagram is the best way! Today I thought I would share a little taste of my summer in France. A bit more […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe was one I had been looking to since I first got the book. I mean, who doesn’t love bacon, lettuce and tomato, especially when it’s paired with eggs! I chose to serve this with Dorie’s soft-boiled eggs instead of hard boiled eggs, forgoing the mayonnaise as the runny […]
what are you looking for?
- French Fridays: French Appetizers
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Dorie’s Cookies): Old Bay Pretzel-and-Cheese Cookies
- French Fridays: Warm chocolate cake with salted butter caramel sauce from My Paris Kitchen
- Les Petits Chefs make Chopped Thai Salad from Modern Lunch (with Allison Day!)
- eat. live. travel. write. is TEN today!