(Kumquat image on Shutterstock) The Petits Chefs worked with a new-to-many-of-them fruit this week – kumquats! We tasted them first… And decided they were “not bad”. Their appearance led many of the boys to believe they would be sour like lemons but they were pleasantly surprised. Plus, bonus “you eat the skin!”. We got to […]
Duck. Until fairly recently, it’s been on my “too difficult to cook properly” list. Also, I find it quite a strong flavoured meat. And really, I had a pet duck when I was little (named “Ping” after this book) so for many years I didn’t even touch the stuff. I started to learn to like […]
what are you looking for?
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Dorie’s Cookies): Sweet Cream Cheese Honey Nut Wafers
- Cook the Book Fridays: Tomato and peach panzanella from Everyday Dorie
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Les Petits Chefs make Fall-Market Galette
- French Fridays: Buckwheat Crêpes (Galettes de Sarrasin)
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Dorie’s Cookies): Cocoa-Almond Uglies