French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche

Tuna ceviche from Around my French Table for French Fridays with Dorie on eatlivetravelwrite.comWe’re down to the last few months of recipes in Around my French Table here at French Fridays with Dorie – just 31 recipes left to complete – around 6 more months.  While it’s very exciting to think that I have not missed a week since we started in October 2010, what it does mean is that we are left with a somewhat odd assortment of “bits and bobs” recipes. And, a lot of fish.  There are only 2 fish recipe left that I will actually eat but hey, we all know that won’t stop me making the others. It will just be a bit of a bonus for Mr Neil. Like this week. Our recipe was tuna and mango ceviche, calling for sushi-grade tuna (which, fortunately we can get at the local fishmonger’s at the end of our street), some mango, avocado, lime, spices, oil and lime juice.  I left the mango out (it was kinda chilly this weekend and it felt somehow wrong to use such a tropical flavour… Like any ceviche, this was easy to assemble and Mr Neil enjoyed this (although, somehow, I managed to make this a little on the spicy side – even for him – with a little too much chili pepper!). Would I make it again? Of course – just not for me. It’s an easy, elegant appetizer that, with the mango would look even better – perfect for a summer dinner party!

Get the recipe for Dorie Greenspan’s tuna and mango ceviche here or on page 178 of Around my French Table.

FFwD badge

French Fridays with Dorie participants do not publish the recipes on our blogs, we prefer if you purchase Around My French Table for yourselves which you can do here on Amazon or Amazon Canada. Or for free worldwide shipping, buy from The Book Depository. Go on, treat yourself then join us here!

___________

Please note: The product links from Amazon, Amazon.ca and The Book Depository are affiliate links. If you click on these links and purchase the product I have linked to or any other product, I will receive a small percentage of the sale price.

Eiffel tower

NEW: Want to experience Paris differently? Join me in March 2015 with AYA Life for a trip to Paris like no other – “like a local”. Details here.

________

Canadians – win a $50 Second Cup gift card. Closes Wednesday September 24th 6pm EST. Details here.

, , , , , ,

17 Responses to French Fridays with Dorie: Tuna and Mango Ceviche

1. Liz September 19, 2014 at 06:06 #

LOL, Bill was on your side this week, but I loved this dish! You’re a good sport, Mardi. I may have to skip at least one of the upcoming recipes 🙂

2. Cakelaw September 19, 2014 at 07:00 #

Yours looks great Mardi! Mine looks a little like a dog’s breakfast, but I liked it – just didn’t love it.

3. Mr. Neil September 19, 2014 at 07:01 #

Ah, the hard life of Mr. Neil: taking a break from our annual street sale (during the Polish Festival, no less) to have a snack of freshly-made ceviche… 😉

I actually loved this: but no shock there. The surprise chili hit was I think just that it was chopped too coarse, or I somehow got a bit that clumped together. It was a HUGE hit…but later, not as bad. I love heat of course, so no worries…was only concerned if it was that level throughout, might overpower the tuna.

No glass of wine in hand, but a vinho verde would have been nice.

4. Cher September 19, 2014 at 07:56 #

A very pretty dish! (And one less fishy feast to conquer).

I am looking forward to giving this one a shot this weekend!

5. EmilyC September 19, 2014 at 14:00 #

A lovely presentation and a lovely dish you got there! I still plan to make this before the weekend is over! Love that you up the heat abit!

6. Coco in the Kitchen September 19, 2014 at 14:09 #

Two of my favs in one bowl.
    Life is good!

7. Diane Balch September 19, 2014 at 15:20 #

I was kinda bummed that my pepper wasn’t that hot so I kept shaking tabasco sauce on mine. I wish I had yours. I am probably one of the few people that are thrilled about all the fish. I prefer it over meat.

8. Nana September 19, 2014 at 20:48 #

Looks wonderful. I think I forgot the pepper, but I kicked it up a notch with tabasco and that worked beautifully.

9. Mary Hirsch September 19, 2014 at 21:54 #

I still find it amazing that you have managed to cook-the-book literally week after week since 2010. That is quite an accomplishment. Your Ceviche looks delicious and, like Mr. Neil, I love Ceviche but did a make-up this week. Think I might go with the shrimp version when I make it. You did a beautiful job.

10. Rose September 20, 2014 at 02:32 #

I’m jealous of Mr. Neil, I love ceviche and would love to have tried the original recipe. I’ll just need to keep an eye out for sushi-grade fish and do it again in the future. The shrimp was luckily also delicious.

And the next few months are certainly going to be interesting with all those bits and bobs. I’m excited about quite a few of them, but there are also a few scary ones lurking in there.

11. TheKitchenLioness September 20, 2014 at 05:14 #

Mardi, a very elegant presentation indeed! Love that bwol that you used for your Tuna and Avocado Ceviche – its shape reminds me of a halved avocado – how very fitting!

12. Tricia September 20, 2014 at 09:05 #

Kudos to you again for making it through every week, now including a dreaded fish recipe 🙂 Which looks phenomenal, by the way. I have a list of all the recipes I need to make up and my goal is to still get them knocked out while the site is active. Guess I am hoping for “partial credit”, but I would really like to walk away form this project (and into the new book….) knowing I really did make every recipe out of “Around My French Table”. Boy, I better get busy.

13. Betsy September 20, 2014 at 21:44 #

You are committed to FFWD, aren’t you? Especially with all the fish dishes lately. Your ceviche looks great. Mr. Neil is lucky he didn’t have to share.

14. Diane Zwang September 21, 2014 at 14:01 #

Not missing a recipe is some accomplishment. I skipped this one and did a make-up instead.

15. Kif September 21, 2014 at 21:17 #

mmm… love ceviche – haven’t tried it at home yet – that looks delicious!

16. Kathy September 22, 2014 at 16:53 #

I give you kudos for making the ceviche. I can’t bring myself to make anything with raw fish, however thanks to Dorie the Bonn Idee was really delicious.
    I just looked at October’s recipes…not thrilled with too many of them. We really are down to the nitty-gritty.

17. Teresa September 25, 2014 at 01:28 #

I made this just for me, but tried to keep it out of Kevin’s view, as giving up sushi was one of the harder parts of going vegan for him. Yours looks lovely – I had mine just in time for the last bit of summer here, so the mango was perfect.