This is a sponsored post of the best kind: Front Door Organics is a company I have personally been supporting since long before I was blogging. I’m thrilled to write about their services here, highlighting recipes and different aspects of the business of local/ organic food delivery. If you were reading here back in the […]
We’re working with Jerusalem artichokes again this week for French Fridays with Dorie. Despite the name, these ugly root vegetables are NOT artichokes. Also known as sunchokes they are a member of the sunflower family (their flowers are similar in appearance). We’ve roasted Jerusalem artichokes for French Fridays previously so I was fortunate enough to […]
This week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe is a simple roasted vegetable dish – Jerusalem Artichokes with Garlic. Let’s talk about the name shall we? It’s actually not an artichoke (no relation, either) and did not come from Jerusalem. According the the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs it’s thought the name is […]
what are you looking for?
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Dorie’s Cookies): Sesame-Sea Salt Cookies
- Five things I learned about life from Mairlyn Smith’s Peace, Love and Fibre.
- Cook the Book Fridays: Mushroom-bacon galette from Everyday Dorie
- Les Petits Chefs make lemon ricotta pancakes from Peace Love & Fibre with Mairlyn Smith
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Pistachio and Raspberry Financiers