Thanks to Cleo’s supervision, the maple smoked bacon got done today: According to Mr Neil Master Butcher, it looks to have “cooked” a bit too much versus “smoked”. The end bits are of course saltier (dry cure on outside), but I tasted a bit and it was certainly glorious. A fork was delivered to our […]
Ok, so we’ve planted the plants for the BLT challenge. We have even convinced friends to plant the arugula for the “greens”. Neil has ordered the pork belly from our local organic butcher – Rowe Farms. I ordered the curing salts. Today the kosher salts arrived for the curing. Cleo is VERY interested:
Why with a soft serve ice-cream of course! — Post From My iPhone
Ok, so in prep for the BLT challenge, we’re getting going on the tomatoes and some basil also. Lettuce to follow and the pork belly, well that will be in August when we get back from Laos… Here are the tomato and basil plants: and here’s Cleo, “helping”… Now, I really have to do some […]
Dear Dad, Since mum’s away this weekend and you’re in charge, I just thought I would remind you that, like the two of you, I like to eat. And just in case you forget, the food is kept in this cupboard: This one… Yup, that’s the right one!
Cleo really is a huge part of our lives and just like her mum and dad, she loves all things food and drink related (especially people food and drink) as well as a nap every now and then. She actually had her own blog a couple of years ago when I was in Paris for […]
what are you looking for?
- French Fridays: French Onion Soup from My Paris Kitchen
- Les Petits Chefs Cook the Books: Rice and Bean Bowls with Corn and Avocado Crema from The Complete Cookbook for Young Chefs
- Tuesdays with Dorie: Dark Chocolate Mousse from Baking Chez Moi
- Cook the Book Fridays: Sweet Chili Chicken Thighs from Everyday Dorie
- Les Petits Chefs Cook the Books: Marble-size Meatballs with Quick and Easy Tomato Sauce from New Favorites for New Cooks