April. In a teacher’s calendar, it always signals a flurry of activity. Somehow, after the sleepy winter months, life seems to speed up and there don’t seem to be enough hours in the day. I’ve got a lot on the go at the moment, both in school and in my “down time” so I am always on the lookout for quick and easy snacks that fill me up on the go.
Fortunately, this month’s Kraft Canada #whatscooking assignment had us working with the peanut butter snack bites recipe collection – peanut (or another nut) butter is my “go to” for a quick fix – spread on a couple of crackers, on a banana or even just a spoonful on the run – it keeps my hunger at bay but it’s not always convenient to stop and prepare a snack (or carry a jar around in my purse!). Enter these Fruit and Nut Peanut Butter Snack Bites.
I’ve adapted these to work with the fruit and nuts I had on hand – they are so versatile.
Fruit and nut peanut butter snack bites
Easy energy bites with peanut butter, fruit and nuts.
- 1/2 cup Kraft Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup runny honey
- 1 cup large flake rolled oats
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Mix peanut butter and honey in medium bowl until blended.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently press in the oats, cranberries, almonds and pumpkin seeds.
- Roll into approximately 24 (1-inch) balls, using a heaped tablespoon measure.
- Can be refrigerated for up to one week before serving.
The great thing about these is that you really only need one or maybe two – they are packed with protein from the nuts and seeds. They will definitely keep you going in between meal times, even at your crazy-busiest!
Verdict? These are the perfect-sized snack bite with just enough sweetness to convince your taastebuds that you are enjoying a treat but enough protein to tide you over to your next meal, even if you are on the go.
Disclosure: As a Kraft Canada #whatscooking contributor, I receive compensation for writing these posts, however, all opinions are 100% my own.