Rustic mushroom quiche

What, it’s September 4th? Summer’s over? Sadly, yes, the summer holidays are over and many of us are entering a very busy month (parents, teachers, kids!).  At this time of the year, I find it’s sometimes hard to get a decent meal on the table quickly when there’s so much going on and it’s easy to resort to maybe takeout (which is ok once in a while but I definitely cannot exist on takeout alone, especially when I need to be “en pleine forme” at the start of the school year).

Never fear, with all this in mind,  I have whipped up the easiest quiche you will ever make over on Mushrooms Canada. Yes, pastry from scratch and all. Really. You can come home from work, make the pastry and still have dinner on the table at a reasonable hour. The pastry only needs to rest for 30 minutes and the filling ingredients (mushrooms and eggs, basically) are what you hopefully have some of in your fridge all the time! And even better? It’s RUSTIC! yes, my favourite kind of quiche.

No need for it to look perfect – in fact the less perfect, the better.

Want the recipe? Head on over to Mushrooms Canada for the easiest mushroom quiche recipe ever!

, , , ,

16 Responses to Rustic mushroom quiche

1. Ann Mah September 4, 2012 at 11:05 #

I love the cozy, homey shape of your rustic tart! Mushroom quiche is one of my favorites, especially in the fall, when there’s such an abundance of fungi!

2. Jes September 4, 2012 at 12:51 #

Utterly gorgeous–I love the rustic pastry & you can’t beat a mushroom quiche!

3. yummychunklet September 4, 2012 at 14:00 #

That looks simply delicious. I’ll have to remember mushrooms at the farmers market this week!

4. IdaBaker September 4, 2012 at 16:46 #

Wow, what a coincidence!! I also featured a quiche today, which also featured mushrooms. I wish they had been the rustic kind, but we don’t see too much of those down here in Florida. :(

When I do find some, I’ll definitely think about quiche.

5. Colette September 4, 2012 at 17:59 #

Rustic is so comforting. The mushrooms look so woodsy & yummy!

6. The Newlywed Chefs September 4, 2012 at 20:52 #

This recipe looks amazing! Can’t wait to try it one of these cool fall mornings :)

7. Michelle September 4, 2012 at 23:49 #

Loving the look of those mushrooms, we get them aplenty here, and that quiche/ tart looks just scrummy!

8. Calantha September 5, 2012 at 15:31 #

I love love love the idea of making a quiche “rustic” – like a savoury galette! Will definitely have to try this!