Murdoch Books 365 Challange: Cherry clafoutis

Stephane Reynaud cherry clafoutis eatlivetravelwrite.com

This is my second of four posts in the Murdoch Books 365 Challenge, where cooks across the world are working their way through Stéphane Reynaud’s whimsical culinary almanac – “365 Good Reasons to Sit Down to Eat.”

This dish was June 7th: Cherry clafoutis which I picked partly because I have never made a clafoutis in my life (despite having tasted many when I lived in France) but because I knew it would be the beginning of cherry season here in Canada and I was excited to buy (and eat) my first cherries of the season.

Want to know how it turned out? Head over to the Murdoch Books’ 365 Challenge Blog where you will find my post and others from those working their way through the book!

Interested in purchasing a copy of Stéphane Reynaud’s 365 Good Reasons to Sit Down to Eat? You can find it on Amazon or, for free worldwide shipping, buy it from The Book Depository.

35 Responses to Murdoch Books 365 Challange: Cherry clafoutis

1. Jan June 12, 2011 at 08:00 #

Wow! Looks amazing, Mardi! I’m so excited that the clafoutis made its appearance ;)

2. April @ Girl Gone Gourmet June 12, 2011 at 09:56 #

Looks so pretty! Almost too pretty to eat :)

3. Jason Phelps June 12, 2011 at 10:10 #

I’ve never had a clafoutis before and they always look soo good!

Jason

4. Paula June 12, 2011 at 10:36 #

It looks wonderful Mardi. Glad that Dorie was able to come to your aid re pits or no pits! Hope to see various other fruit versions of this on your blog throughout the summer…can’t wait for blueberry season!

5. Liz June 12, 2011 at 12:01 #

Just gorgeous, Mardi! I wish hubby liked cherries in something besides cherry koolaid :/ I’d love to make this beauty~

6. Kate@Diethood June 12, 2011 at 14:15 #

Oh that is stunning!!
    Funny, I just pulled my cherry clafoutis out of the oven. :) I can’t wait to dig in!

7. Belinda @zomppa June 12, 2011 at 15:33 #

One of my favorite desserts! Just love saying the name.

8. Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts June 12, 2011 at 20:12 #

Looks amazing! I have never had a clafoutis before, but not you have me thinking about one!

9. Eliot June 12, 2011 at 22:07 #

I love the simplicity of clafoutis. Your pics looks wonderful and this challenge sounds interesting. (Sounds like a great book, too.)

10. penny aka jeroxie June 13, 2011 at 04:43 #

beautiful! And you know what… I have that spoon as well. Got it from an Op Shop…. hahaha

11. Helene June 13, 2011 at 18:34 #

This is the first time I read about this cookbook. The clafoutis looks so good. I have never tasted a clafoutis before.

12. Ethan June 13, 2011 at 19:01 #

I was lucky enough to score one of these clafoutis after visiting Mardi in Toronto. Let’s just say it didn’t last the trip home!

13. kitchenarian June 13, 2011 at 21:38 #

This makes me want to run out and get some cherries so I can make this. I love making a clafouti – I make one with peaches and blueberries, but the cherries sound so good.

14. Andrea@HighLowFoodDrink.com June 14, 2011 at 00:09 #

Loved it! And I think it tasted better (and looked better) with pits in!

15. Magic of Spice June 14, 2011 at 23:46 #

Your clafoutis looks wonderful :)

16. Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction June 15, 2011 at 07:45 #

Oh my! This looks absolutely stunning… I can’t get my hands on that book fast enough :)

17. Valerie June 18, 2011 at 05:08 #

Light and delicious! I like clafoutis, they’re good in all ways!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Blueberry Lavender Rhubarb Jam and a Spring Recipe Round-Up | Healthy Green Kitchen - June 17, 2011

[...] Pod Rhubarb Pop Tarts from Eating From the Ground Up Rhubarb Almond Coffee Cake from Not Derby Pie Cherry Clafoutis from Eat Live Travel Write Easy Strawberry Sorbet from Cookin Canuck Faiselle Mousse with Fresh Berries from Tartelette [...]