From Italy, with love

I received my latest parcel from the foodie exchange (you can check out my previous parcels here)!  What a nice surprise it was too, arriving at the end of a long week fraught with technical difficulties on my blog and generally one of the busiest weeks I have had at school in a while….  Anyway, I digress.

This parcel is courtesy of Giulia at Juls Kitchen – a delightful blog that you should definitely check out.  It’s full of Italian goodness – just like this parcel:

My goodness – so excited to try this – chocolate with almonds.  Plus, if Giulia loves it, well…

I might have a hard time getting any of these.  Neil collects little packages of candies like these when we travel…

Mmmm – a pasta sauce mix you simply add water and oil to.  Funny, we have literally JUST run out of our stash!

I was so excited to find some precious strands of saffron too!  No pics though because my camera simply wouldn’t cooperate with such a tiny subject.  We put it to good use though last night and made Mushroom Risotto with Juls’ saffron:

Thanks Juls!  Now I am nervous as to what on earth could come close to this stylish and delicious care package…

Want in on the foodie exchange group?  Check it out here.

18 Responses to From Italy, with love

1. Nicole @ Making Good Choices February 20, 2010 at 09:21 #

The package alone is beautiful, let alone the contents of the food! amazing – I am so jealous you get to indulge in all of this!

• Mardi@eatlivetravelwrite February 20, 2010 at 09:23 #

Nicole – you should join! There’s no minimum amount of packages you send – if you just want to chose one person and exchange with them, it’s ok!

2. Lauren February 20, 2010 at 09:53 #

what a great package! I’ve been thinking about joining, but I have no clue what I’d send to people.

3. Special K February 20, 2010 at 10:13 #

Loving the layout of your website, by the way! Very nice!
    I need saffron, and didn’t get enough when I was in Spain. I love how european packaging is very minimal, but with character. It is not about big flashy stuff, or wasting plastic for the sake of plastic. It is just functionally pretty.

4. Meghan@traveleatlove February 20, 2010 at 22:07 #

Mmmm everything in that package looks/sounds delicious! And your risotto made my stomach growl. . . and we just had dinner lol!

• Mardi@eatlivetravelwrite February 21, 2010 at 13:23 #

Thanks – we’re loving risotto right now – it’s not as difficult as everyone thinks and when people come over for dinner they always end up in the kitchen so all that stirring etc.. does not take me away from the party!

5. penny aka jeroxie February 20, 2010 at 23:34 #

Jealous! The food package is amazing. Just recieved my first ever. So exicitng as well. :)

6. Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction February 21, 2010 at 22:31 #

So many great goodies from Italy! I will be Italian in my next life… I have decided.

• Mardi@eatlivetravelwrite February 21, 2010 at 22:39 #

Great! When I am French in my next life we can visit each other and be sophisticated Europeans together!!! ;-)

7. Cat February 21, 2010 at 23:53 #

how fun! i love the idea of exchanging food packages – what a great surprise to find these little treasures in your mail!

8. Evelyne@CheapEthnicEatz February 22, 2010 at 23:21 #

Awesome package, can’t wait to get min from Juls too! Hope you tech difficulties get fixed soon!

9. Mr. Neil February 23, 2010 at 09:09 #

Mr. Neil *heart* Julia for those mints! And the pasta spices, which as Mardi said I had just used up…the only time I tend to make vegetarian pasta is with these. Mmm.

10. Fuji Mama February 25, 2010 at 00:16 #

YUM! What a fun package! Oh, and that risotto sounds delish!

11. deeba April 16, 2010 at 08:34 #

I think this is a great idea Mardi. I love the excitement a foodie exchange parcel carries. Beautiful post!!