Tim Tam frenzy!

Do you know your Tim Tams?? If you don’t you really should get acquainted.

Before we get into the fancy new flavours, you really should know about the “Tim Tam Slam” which Wikipedia describes as:

“the practice of drinking a beverage by sucking it through a Tim Tam, an Australian chcoclate-covered biscuit, with both of the ends bitten off. Ideally, the inside of the biscuit should collapse but the outside should remain intact. Just before the biscuit falls apart, it is placed in the mouth.”

SO good. Especially when the beverage is coffee….

Now, let’s meet the other members of the Tim Tam family:

FYI, Dark and Double Coat already packed in my bag ready to take home….

Chocolate Chips on Foodista

6 Responses to Tim Tam frenzy!

1. The Best Family August 4, 2009 at 12:23 #

last Christmas our local target carried tim tams, and, having enjoyed a package you'd sent us a while back, we were delighted! sadly, it appeared to have been a seasonal thing, as i've never seen them there again. perhaps this holiday season they'll return . . .

2. Nicole August 4, 2009 at 22:07 #

shows how much I know about tim tams, or how I haven't had them recently, the bottom pics you showed I haven't seen before!!
    There are also strawberry ones which are in a pink packet that you haven't shown, they raise money for breast cancer funds.
    Tim Tams are the best, but when trying to lose weight, steer clear of the biscuit aisle :)

3. k a b l o o e y August 5, 2009 at 01:21 #

Oh my, these would be up my alley, esp. the flavors you chose (why, oh why don't they make a double coat dark with hazelnut?) enjoyed with coffee. I'm sorry to admit I've never had a Tim Tam, but I used to really enjoy a nice chocolate coated Toggenberger.

4. yvonne August 5, 2009 at 02:18 #

I saw them at Winners once but clearly did not give it the proper attention it deserves. I must reunite with the family soon…Winners here I come :)

5. Cathy August 5, 2009 at 17:41 #

Hey! I recall getting you Tim Tams in the UK, I'm sure it was for you!!

6. cattycritic August 26, 2009 at 16:47 #

My friend who lives in Melbourne sends me Tim Tams on occassion. I adore them. They are finally appearing in the regular grocery stores in the US thanks to Pepperidge Farms.