In just a few short days it will be St Valentine’s Day. For my latest piece for The Ontario Produce Marketing Association I was tasked with developing a recipe using very seasonally appropriate (although definitely not “seasonal” at least here in Canada!) passion fruit for Produce Made Simple. I absolutely LOVE passion fruit despite not […]
T’is the season for roast dinners and what’s better than a roast dinner with potatoes? For my latest piece for The Ontario Produce Marketing Association I was asked to develop a recipe for gorgeous heirloom potatoes for Produce Made Simple and in keeping with the “Simple” theme, I decided not to play too much with […]
Vol au vents. Light flaky puff pastry cases filled with a warm (usually savoury) filling. Ubiquitous on the 70s cocktail circuit. Oh so exotic (at the time). Where have these gone? I remember being able to easily find these at a supermarket but now not so much. You can find them if you search, but […]
Duck. It’s one of those meats that many people put on their “too difficult to cook properly” list. Or they think it’s too gamey. For most of my life, I’ve been one of those people as well. My journey to slowly learning to like duck began in 2011 when Neil and I took part in […]
what are you looking for?
- French Fridays: Chocolate terrine with fresh ginger crème anglaise from My Paris Kitchen
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Dorie’s Cookies): Sesame-Sea Salt Cookies
- Five things I learned about life from Mairlyn Smith’s Peace, Love and Fibre.
- Cook the Book Fridays: Mushroom-bacon galette from Everyday Dorie
- Les Petits Chefs make lemon ricotta pancakes from Peace Love & Fibre with Mairlyn Smith