What to write, what to write? It’s the final Charcutepalooza challenge. Ever. I can hardly believe it! Who would have thought a year ago that Neil and I would be hosting an all-meat luncheon for 7 people featuring meat we cured, smoked, ground, packed and blended ourselves? Certainly not me. It says a lot about […]
It’s taken me until this month’s Charcutepalooza challenge – the penultimate – to figure out what it’s really it’s all about. It’s not about perfection – indeed, a few things didn’t quite go as planned for us this time around – it’s about the journey. Every day at school, I tell the boys that the […]
This post is about the making of a sandwich. Michael Ruhlman’s eggs Benedict from scratch, to be specific. When he posted about it the day before this month’s Charcutepalooza challenge (hot smoking) was announced, I wondered if smoked bacon might figure and was delighted that it did! Neil and I decided to smoke some salmon […]
This month’s Charcutepalooza challenge was brining and for a couple of weeks there, it seemed there wasn’t a minute in the ELTW household that we were not either brining meat or cooking brined meat. Not too challenging in itself, our major challenge was finding the space in our fridge for meat brining containers! We started […]
what are you looking for?
- Run or walk with me to support the Toronto Humane Society!
- French Fridays: Kirsch babas with pineapple from My Paris Kitchen
- Cooking on vacation: Making the most of your vacation rental kitchen
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Cold Chocolate Crémeux, Wine-Poached Cherries and Lots of Crumbs
- Peter Mayle’s My Twenty Five Years in Provence