On Monday February 25th 2019, join me in celebrating the seventh annual National Cupcake Day which benefits Societies for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCAs) and Humane Societies across Canada. Originally launched by the RSPCA in New South Wales, Australia, National Cupcake Day began in Canada in 2013, and the initiative has grown across the country year after year. Proceeds from National Cupcake Day help the Ontario SPCA support our furry friends, big and small, who have been abused, abandoned, or are in need of a new home. The campaign has raised $3.15 million to date by animal lovers across Canada.
Cupcake Day parties can be held anywhere, and on any date in January or February. Guests donate to the participating animal welfare charity of the host’s choice in exchange for a cupcake, raising critically-needed funds for animals that are abused, abandoned, neglected or no longer wanted.
This will be my SEVENTH year participating and raising funds for the Toronto Humane Society!
How to get involved in National Cupcake Day 2019
1. Register your for free at: www.nationalcupcakeday.ca.
2. Download your host kit online or self pledge $25 to receive a host kit in the mail.
3. Personalize your National Cupcake Day Online Bakery page and send it out to everyone you know.
4. Encourage your colleagues, friends and family to support you by donating online.
5. Plan a National Cupcake Day Party for home, work, school or wherever you think people would love to eat your cupcakes.
6. Bake, decorate, eat and share delicious cupcakes to raise funds for Canada’s SPCAs and Humane Societies.
7. Funds go to the SPCA or Humane Societies of your choice in your community (visit www.nationalcupcakeday.ca for a list of who’s participating).
National Cupcake Day will help shelters across Canada give a surrendered animal a new forever home; rescue a neglected or abused animal and give it a second chance at a new life; and provide emergency surgery to injured animals. Helping animals in need and making everyone’s day a little brighter with a scrumptious treat. What could be sweeter?
Support me in helping animals in need
Just like last year, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014 and 2013, I’ll be participating virtually in National Cupcake day by baking cupcakes, posting the recipe here on February 25th and sharing those cupcakes with my colleagues in return for donations. Of course, if you like the look of the recipe here that day, you’re encouraged to donate too. If you’d like to visit my “online bakery”, we’re open for business already!
About SPCAs and Humane Societies
SPCAs and Humane Societies across Canada participating in this year’s National Cupcake Day are dedicated to a variety of life saving work that may include: enforcing animal welfare legislation; rehabilitation and adoption for lost, abused and abandoned animals; advocacy for companion, wild and farm animals; and humane education.