This is a sponsored post on behalf of KitchenAid Canada
Once again, as part of Cook for the Cure, KitchenAid Canada is offering food lovers across Canada the chance to support of the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation (CBCF) at the second annual Culinary Showdown. Last year was a huge success and this year there are some new surprises in store!
On Saturday, November 29, 2014 at the Allstream Centre, an all-star lineup of chefs (including Lynn Crawford, Susur Lee, Mark McEwan, Corbin Tomaszeski and Vikram Vij), will join the top 50 fundraising foodies to compete in the second annual CBCF KitchenAid Cook for the Cure Culinary Showdown. This unique challenge gives culinary enthusiasts the opportunity to fundraise for a chance to cook alongside the celebrity chefs These fundraising efforts are helping realize the CBCF”s vision of creating a future without breast cancer. CBCF is the largest non-governmental funder of breast cancer research in Canada.
Support The Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation
There a few different ways you can help support this great cause…
1. Sign up to fundraise and attend the Culinary Showdown!
Food lovers, cooking connoisseurs and novices alike are invited to join KitchenAid and the CBCF in the fight against breast cancer by participating in this one-of-a-kind opportunity to learn from the best chefs in the country. The top 50 fundraisers will earn the right to compete on a celebrity chef team in the Culinary Showdown in front of a live audience.
How to Attend
By achieving one of two minimum fundraising targets:
- Raise $1,000 to attend the Culinary Showdown
- Raise $2,500 to participate in the Celebrity Chefs School and attend the Culinary Showdown
And here’s the neat part for ALL those who fundraise:
- Raise between $250-$499, you will receive a signed Culinary Showdown apron
- Raise between $500-$999, you will receive an autographed cookbook from a celebrity chef
- Raise between $1,000-$2,499, you can attend* the Culinary Showdown, enjoy a three-course meal and have the opportunity to win incentive prizes
- Raise over $2,500, you can participate* in the Celebrity Chefs School, attend the Culinary Showdown, enjoy a three-course meal, win incentive prizes, and compete to be one of the top 50 fundraisers
- Top 50 Fundraisers earn all of the rewards of raising $2,500, AND compete on stage alongside celebrity chefs. They will also receive a branded apron, a chef’s hat, and a gift from KitchenAid (transportation to and from Toronto not included)
Find out more then register and start fundraising for The Culinary Showdown here: www.culinaryshowdown.ca. If you sign up to fundraise for yourself, please drop me a comment or an email and I’ll head over to support your efforts too!
2. Support my fundraising efforts
This year KitchenAid is asking you to take a photo of your meal (home cooked or dinner out), upload it to Instagram, Facebook or Twitter and use the hashtag #KitchenAid4Cure. For every photo with this hashtag, KitchenAid will donate $1 to Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation up to $150,000. Encourage friends and family to participate as well!
4. Stay up to date with CBCF/ Cook for the Cure news
Connect with The Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation on Facebook
Connect with The Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation on Twitter
Connect with The Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation Cook for the Cure on Instagram
Connect with The Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation Cook for the Cure on Pinterest
Read the “Finding Hope” blog on The Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation site
Follow KitchenAid Canada on Facebook
Disclosure: I received compensation in return for promoting the Culinary Showdown which I support because it’s a great cause. I will be donating part of that compensation back to the CBCF. All posts represent my own opinion and I was not required to fundraise.
Canadians – Enter to win a DK Eyewitness Travel guide! Closes Wednesday November 12th at 6pm EST. Details here.