Travel Tuesday: La Paz, Baja California Sur (WeVisitMexico)

La Paz Baja California SurAs some of you know, I’ve just returned from La Paz, Baja California Sur in Mexico, where I was on a sponsored TweetUp for the Mexico Tourism Board organised by the amazing folks at Ogilvy.  I have SO many posts (recipes, culture and some very special guest posts!) in my head right now and will share them over the coming weeks with you but for now, I was impatient to share some of the magic that is Baja California Sur.

Ahem. Clearly I was bored on the plane and took a LOT of pictures out of the window… And then played with iPhone photo editing apps….

Yes the view from my room was pretty stunning…

Margaritas appeared as if by magic…

Fun Baja showed us a great day out – snorkelling, swimming with sea-lions, kayaking, learning how to cook ceviche on the beach…

Not Photoshopped, the water had us marvelling at its spectacular colour and clarity…

Dolphins played next to our boat on the way back from the Isla Espíritu Santo

The food was sublime – so fresh and flavourful….

The sunsets were postcard-pretty…

The Infinity Pool at the Costa Baja Resort….

Uh huh, THE Hotel California is in Todos Santos..

Thank you to Max, Rachael, Layla, Jesús, Ana, Luis, and Rosa for making this possible.  Rest assured there will be many more posts (and recipes!) to come!

Disclaimer: Flights to and from La Paz, accommodation at the Costa Baja Resort and all meals were provided by the We Visit Mexico team. I was not compensated for this trip or writing this post and all opinions are, and will always be, 100% my own.

42 Responses to Travel Tuesday: La Paz, Baja California Sur (WeVisitMexico)

1. Sandi August 30, 2011 at 07:32 #

Lovely view, captivating pictures. Looks like a great time!

2. Barbara @ Barbara Bakes August 30, 2011 at 08:44 #

You have me craving palm trees and beaches. Glad you had a great time.

3. marla August 30, 2011 at 08:51 #

Such a stunning travel post….can I go there like now?!

4. Nelly Rodriguez August 30, 2011 at 08:55 #

What a fun time, I can’t wait to visit Mexico!

5. Ana García August 30, 2011 at 11:55 #

yay! what a gr8 adventure!.. loving it and reliving it again!..

6. Lori Lynn August 30, 2011 at 13:35 #

Magical place, great photos. How fortunate you are…Looking forward to seeing more!
    LL

7. Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction August 30, 2011 at 16:06 #

Wow… Amazing photos. I am feeling like I need a vacation now more than ever. :)

8. Katja of Skimbaco August 30, 2011 at 16:21 #

Lovely photos! I can’t believe your post is already up, I haven’t even unpacked a thing yet! It was so great to meet you on this amazing trip. Hope to travel more with you in the future ;)

9. Lori @ RecipeGirl August 30, 2011 at 17:03 #

Loved La Paz! So much fun and great food, wasn’t it? I’m so overwhelmed that I haven’t even started working on my post yet!

10. Annalise August 30, 2011 at 18:38 #

Lovely! My husband and I drove down Baja one week a few summers ago and absolutely LOVED it. Such a pretty place and most of it left alone by tourists, we were often the only Americans around on our trip as we stayed off the beaten paths of Cabo and La Paz. I will say that driving was a little scary at times (had to go through some sketchy areas), and I probably wouldn’t do it now, which is a real shame. Guess we’ll have to fly next time. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

11. April @ Girl Gone Gourmet August 30, 2011 at 21:37 #

Great shots– looks like an amazing trip with some amazing food! Can’t wait to read the upcoming posts :)

12. Paula August 30, 2011 at 21:51 #

Glad you are home safe and sound and I’m looking forward to your follow-up posts. The photos you took are wonderful treasures of your time there but those sunset photos are stunning.

13. Jesús August 30, 2011 at 22:44 #

It was wonderful to meet you in Mexico. Beautiful photos from our adventure in La Paz that I’ve just re-lived thanks to you. See you soon for tacos. Saludos!

14. My Traveling Troop August 31, 2011 at 00:26 #

Oooh! Your trip looks like it was beautiful and fun! I’m loving that bed on the beach! How do I book one of those? Amazing!

My hubby and I honeymooned in Mexico years ago and I would love to go back. Perhaps we’ll try La Paz, Baja… Thanks for sharing!

15. Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen August 31, 2011 at 02:02 #

Wow, I want that bed on the beach!

16. SMITH BITES August 31, 2011 at 07:12 #

beautiful Mardi – can’t wait to see more about this trip – the food, the activities and your thoughts . . . stunning photos!!

17. Quay Po Cooks August 31, 2011 at 08:11 #

Great to see that you enjoyed yourself. Beautiful photos!

18. Andrea@cleanupeatup August 31, 2011 at 11:48 #

WOW – is all I can say about this beautiful place and these amazing photos! I have never been to Mexico but I really really want to go now!

19. cat August 31, 2011 at 11:51 #

what a lovely mini trip! that part of mexico looks stunning and those resorts look like somewhere i’d love to take our family.

20. penny aka jeroxie September 1, 2011 at 08:17 #

oh wow! Amazing waters! so jealous babe

21. Ethan September 1, 2011 at 18:32 #

great pics. Water that blue always makes me feel better. Thanks for sharing!