I’m very fortunate to have shared numerous teatime treats with Jill Colonna – author of the just-published Teatime in Paris! A walk through easy French pâtisserie recipes. We’ve shared petits fours and hot chocolate at Un Dimanche à Paris… … Mini “kouglof” at Lenôtre… … a Saint Honoré and a Tarte au citron at Pâtisserie […]
I was SO excited to see this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe: Vanilla éclairs (p. 473). I love them but have never made them though I have had some success with the choux pastry before, making gougères and profiteroles, twice. Neil and I had people over for dinner last Friday and totally unintentionally, it […]
Once again, this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe required me to face my nemesis – pastry! I did ok in the past with Dorie’s mustard tart and the chicken b’stilla but I still approached this week with a little trepidation. The Orange-Almond Tart reminded me of a fancy French dessert (well, I suppose because […]
The 2010 November Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Simona of briciole. She chose to challenge Daring Bakers to make pasta frolla for a crostata. She used her own experience as a source, as well as information from Pellegrino Artusi’s Science in the Kitchen and the Art of Eating Well. Ahem. I have a confession […]
what are you looking for?
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Dorie’s Cookies): Sesame-Sea Salt Cookies
- Five things I learned about life from Mairlyn Smith’s Peace, Love and Fibre.
- Cook the Book Fridays: Mushroom-bacon galette from Everyday Dorie
- Les Petits Chefs make lemon ricotta pancakes from Peace Love & Fibre with Mairlyn Smith
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Pistachio and Raspberry Financiers