I’m very fortunate to have shared numerous teatime treats with Jill Colonna – author of the just-published Teatime in Paris! A walk through easy French pâtisserie recipes. We’ve shared petits fours and hot chocolate at Un Dimanche à Paris… … Mini “kouglof” at Lenôtre… … a Saint Honoré and a Tarte au citron at Pâtisserie […]
I was SO excited to see this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe: Vanilla éclairs (p. 473). I love them but have never made them though I have had some success with the choux pastry before, making gougères and profiteroles, twice. Neil and I had people over for dinner last Friday and totally unintentionally, it […]
Once again, this week’s French Fridays with Dorie recipe required me to face my nemesis – pastry! I did ok in the past with Dorie’s mustard tart and the chicken b’stilla but I still approached this week with a little trepidation. The Orange-Almond Tart reminded me of a fancy French dessert (well, I suppose because […]
The 2010 November Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Simona of briciole. She chose to challenge Daring Bakers to make pasta frolla for a crostata. She used her own experience as a source, as well as information from Pellegrino Artusi’s Science in the Kitchen and the Art of Eating Well. Ahem. I have a confession […]
what are you looking for?
- Run or walk with me to support the Toronto Humane Society!
- French Fridays: Kirsch babas with pineapple from My Paris Kitchen
- Cooking on vacation: Making the most of your vacation rental kitchen
- Tuesdays with Dorie (Baking Chez Moi): Cold Chocolate Crémeux, Wine-Poached Cherries and Lots of Crumbs
- Peter Mayle’s My Twenty Five Years in Provence