This week, the Petits Chefs made a mini version of a recipe I developed recently (Strawberry Jam Crumble Tart), mostly because I wanted to see what it would look like in mini form. But also because I know that boys + pastry = busy hands (it’s hard to find recipes where EVERYONE is busy at the same time that we can pull off in an hour!).
So, the inspiration was this:
I knew it would be easy to make this into minis because I do it very often (see: Mini Strawberry Tarts). Plus, I mean the boys are pretty expert with pastry…
We had four different flavours of jams and the boys made sure to keep them separate on the tray (so they’d know what flavour was which)…
How to make mini jam crumble tarts (from this recipe):
1. Your pastry is going to make roughly 20 small tarts using a 3-inch (8cm) fluted cookie cutter.
2. You’ll place the pastry rounds in a regular muffin tin and gently press the pastry down in the tins to form a cup.
3. Place about 2 teaspoons of jam in the centre of each pastry cup, it won’t look like a lot but it will be enough.
4. Use a fluid (looser) jam like Bonne Maman’s Intense line. It will spread nicely and fill the pastry cups.
5. Divide the crumble evenly between the cups. Again you don’t need to completely cover the jam.
Disclosure: Bonne Maman Canada provided me with jams to develop recipes and for demos at Canada’s Baking and Sweets Show this month for which I am being compensated. I was not asked to work with the product beyond those obligations but it’s my jam of choice and it works well in baking!
Please note: I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This means that if you click over and purchase something, I will receive a very small percentage of the purchase price (at no extra cost to you). Thank you in advance!
monthly newsletter signup!
MY BOOK! In the French kitchen with kids is out now! Click here for details and how to order!