Posted by https://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2017/12/slow-cooker-mulled-wine/
© 2017 eat. live. travel. write.. All rights reserved.
1 hr 15 mins
Easy slow cooker mulled wine for a crowd - in your slow cooker!
- 300 g (1 1/2 cups) granulated sugar
- juice of 3 lemons
- juice of 6 clementines
- 4 x 750 mL bottles of red wine
- 375 mL (1 1/2 cups) port
- 375 mL (1 1/2 cups) Mandarine Napoleon or Cointreau
- 375 mL (1 1/2cups) brandy
- 9 star anise, plus extra, to serve
- 3 clementines, cut horizontally into 3 slices each, plus extra slices, to serve
- 3 cinnamon sticks plus extra, to serve
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (add some to the slow cooker, use the rest for garnish)
Pour the sugar, lemon and clementine juice (you should have around 500 mL or 2 cups juice in total) into the slow cooker.
Add the wine, the port, the Mandarine Napoleon (or Cointreau) and brandy and stir well.
Push each star anise into a clementine slice and place in the wine.
Add the cinnamon sticks and a handful of fresh cranberries to the wine.
Cook on the high heat setting until warm, approximately 1 hour.
Switch to the warm setting and enjoy your party!
Serve with clementine slices, cinnamon sticks, star anise and fresh cranberries.