Posted by https://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2017/09/upside-down-peach-cake/
© 2017 eat. live. travel. write.. All rights reserved.
Easy upside down peach cake made with smooth cottage cheese.
- 5-6 small, nearly-ripe peaches
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 100g (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 120 mL (1/2 cup) Nordica Plain Smooth Cottage Cheese
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 113 g (8 tablespoons, 1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Cut the peaches in halves and remove the stones. Arrange them, cut side down on the parchment paper. Set the cake pan aside.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk the eggs, cottage cheese, sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth
- Use a rubber spatula to fold the dry ingredients into the wet until just incorporated.
- Gently fold in the melted butter.
- Scrape batter into the cake pan on top of the peaches and use an offset spatula to soothe the batter evenly over the tops of the peaches. Rap the pan gently on a countertop to help distribute the batter evenly.
- Bake until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake (not the fruit) comes out clean, 45 - 50 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for about 5 minutes before running a butter knife around the edges of the pan and inverting the cake onto a large plate.
- Peel off the parchment and serve, warm or at room temperature with ice cream or whipped cream.