Posted by Mardi Michelshttps://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2017/08/chocolate-speculoos-squares/
© 2017 eat. live. travel. write.. All rights reserved.
Chocolate speculoos squares
Five ingredient chocolate speculoos squares.
(1/2 stick/ 4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
mL (1/2 cup) Penotti Cookie Notti Crunchy Speculoos Spread
g chocolate chips
tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line an 8 x 13-inch cake pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhang all round to help with removal of the bars once they are set.
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, crush the cookies, pulsing a few times.
- Add the melted butter and pulse until the cookie crumbs are completely coated.
- Tip the cookie crumbs into the prepared pan and press down firmly with your fingers.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once the base is cool, use an offset spatula to spread the cookie butter smoothly and evenly over the base.
- Freeze for 30 minutes, or refrigerate for up to an hour.
- Melt the chocolate and oil in a metal or glass bowl places over a pot of simmering water or in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave at 50% power for 2-3 minutes until melted (keep checking).
- Pour the chocolate over the cookie butter and refrigerate for a few hours until completely set.
- Use a very long, sharp knife to cut into squares.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Note that these require refrigeration until the chocolate is completely set (approx 2-4 hours).