Posted by Mardi Michelshttps://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2017/07/winophiles-french-fridays-clafoutis-southwest-france-style/
© 2017 eat. live. travel. write.. All rights reserved.
1 hr 35 mins
Clafoutis - Southwest France style with prunes and Armagnac.
pitted prunes (approx. 8 large)
mL (1/2 cup) milk
teaspoon pure vanilla essence
tablespoons all purpose flour
tablespoons fine cornmeal
tablespoons granulated sugar
icing sugar, for dusting
- Roughly chop the prunes and soak them in the Armagnac for approximately 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F. Place the ramekins on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Whisk the egg, milk and vanilla together until combined.
- Add the flour, cornmeal and sugar and whisk until smooth.
- Strain the prunes and place them in the ramekins.
- Pour the custard over the prunes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the custard is puffed and just set on top.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack to room temperature.
- Sprinkle with a little icing sugar to serve.
I used ramekins that were 12cm in diameter x 3 cm high with a capacity of 160 mL (2/3 cup). For deeper ramekins you might need to adjust the baking time.
Note that the prep time includes soaking the prunes in Armagnac.