Posted by Mardi Michelshttps://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2017/07/english-muffin-breakfast-sandwich-cups/
© 2017 eat. live. travel. write.. All rights reserved.
English muffin breakfast sandwich cups
Breakfast sandwich cups are a fun way to serve your favourite breakfast ingredients!
Butter, for greasing the ramekins
tablespoon salted butter
cup grated cheese
approx. 1 tablespoon freshly chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Lightly grease 4 small ramekins.
- Split the English muffins in halves. Use a rolling to flatten them slightly and butter the insides of each muffin.
- Place the muffin halves, cut side facing up in the ramekins. Gently press them down so they form a cup in the ramekin.
- Bake for 5 -7 minutes until they are just starting to crisp up.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a small skillet over medium heat until crisp (about 5 minutes). Drain on paper towels and when it’s cool enough to handle, roughly chop.
- Remove the ramekins from the oven and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the grated cheese in the bottom of each cup.
- Gently crack an egg on top of the cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes until the whites are set.
- Sprinkle the top of each ramekin with the roughly chopped bacon and chives.
- Serve immediately (you can leave them in the ramekins to serve but it’s probably easiest to eat these if you remove them from the ramekins).