Eight years ago today, I hit “publish” on my very first post “A few of my favourite things“. Initially part of an online course I was taking, this blog has taken on a life of its own. I’ve had the opportunity to travel and take part in amazing events thanks to this little space I occupy on the internet and over the years, developed hundreds of recipes and shared countless stories of my “culinary adventures near and far”.
I thought to celebrate this milestone, I’d share some of the more noteworthy posts (for me, that is, not the most popular based on pageviews). Many readers might not have been reading since the beginning (there are a few of you out there, I know!) so here are a few blasts from the past and some more recent noteworthy posts.
Who remembers :
1. That time I wrote about how Neil and I met… in Casablanca…
2. That time I got hooked on macaron-making at Lenôtre in Paris.
5. That time we cooked our way through Michael Ruhlman’s Charcuterie over the course of a year.
6. That time I wrote every single post about teaching kids to cook.
7. That time I led a week-long culinary tour in Paris.
8. That time I wrote about what the Food Revolution means to me.
10. That time I travelled across Canada by train.
11. That time I finished cooking my way through Dorie Greenspan’s cookbook, Around my French Table. In nearly 5 years, I didn’t miss one recipe or one week of posting!
12. That time I met Jamie Oliver.
14. That time I announced my cookbook deal!
15. That time I walked the first stage of the Camino de Santiago (hey, walking the second stage this summer!).
I’d say that’s a fairly accurate take on this blog as a whole: France, food, cooking with kids and travel! Thanks for reading – I hope you’ll stick around for a few more years!
Follow us on Facebook!
(Psst: You can now follow both my blog and our vacation rental on Facebook! I finally got with the times!)