So it’s February. Are you ready to ease off those New Year’s resolutions a little? It’s interesting… I barely brought in any treats to my staffroom this past month as I heard so many people tell me they needed to get back on the “no treats at random hours of the day” wagon. Though I had a lot of baked goods to share, I
inflicted them on shared them with my neighbours instead (they didn’t seem to mind!) so what ended up happening was that though I was baking endlessly (still testing recipes for In the French kitchen with kids!), I didn’t actually have any treats around the house for when *I* wanted a little something sweet. But nothing too complicated.
Luckily for me, my fridge is always stocked with yoghurt and berries and, more recently, Nordica Vanilla Bean Smooth Cottage Cheese. I love this because it’s not too sweet AND it doesn’t have the lumpy consistency of cottage cheese that I simply can’t learn to like! Oftentimes, a pot of the vanilla bean cottage cheese with a few berries is enough to curb my craving for something sweet. But sometimes I want a little bit more.
Made with just a few simple ingredients that I always have on hand (cream cheese, whipping cream, a touch of icing sugar and Nordica Vanilla Bean Smooth Cottage Cheese), they take no time at all to whip up and are easy to fancy up with a little raspberry coulis. I’ve made them without a biscuit base (so they are gluten-free) but you could add a little crumbled biscuit/ butter base if you wanted to add a little crunch.
A quick and easy weeknight indulgence that wouldn’t be out of place on a dinner party table either? What could be better?
- 250mls (1 cup) whipping (35%) cream
- 250g cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 x pots Nordica Vanilla Bean Smooth Cottage Cheese
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment or using electric beaters whip the cream until it forms soft peaks.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- In the stand mixer or using electric beaters (no need to wash the attachments after you’ve beaten the cream), beat the cream cheese and cottage cheese with the icing sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Use a rubber spatula to gently fold in the whipped cream
- Divide evenly between eight 125ml (1/2 cup) ramekins.
- Refrigerate overnight (or as long as you can stand to wait!).
- Serve with raspberry coulis (1 cup raspberries blitzed in a food processor with 2 tablespoons icing sugar).
What about you? What’s your weeknight indulgence?
Disclosure: I am part of the PTPA Brand Ambassador Program with Gay Lea, and receive compensation as part of my affiliation with this group. As always, opinions expressed here are my own and I only write about/ recommend products I use and love. If you know me in real life or follow me on social media, you’ll know that writing a French food cookbook requires ridiculous amounts of butter so this campaign is a perfect fit 😉