Posted by https://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2017/01/goulash-soup-recipe/
© 2017 eat. live. travel. write.. All rights reserved.
Easy, comforting soup that used fridge and pantry staples.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small onions (300g total), halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika powder
- 454g (1lb) ground beef OR a mix of ground beef and pork
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large potato (300g), peeled and diced into 1cm cubes
- 1 can (796mls) diced tomatoes, and their juices
- 500mls (2 cups) beef stock
- Gay Lea lactose-free sour cream
- green onions, sliced finely
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the onions and garlic until they are just starting to colour (approx 5 minutes), stirring constantly.
- Add the paprika and stir to coat the onions evenly. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the ground beef gradually, breaking it up with a wooden spoon and cook until it's browned.
- Add the salt and pepper and the potato and stir to combine.
- Add the tomatoes and stock and bring the mix to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low-medium and simmer for 20 minutes until the potato is soft.
- Serve the soup topped with sour cream and the green onions.