Posted by https://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2016/11/cranberry-almond-crunch-cookies/
© 2016 eat. live. travel. write.. All rights reserved.
Cranberry-almond crunch cookies
A twist on a childhood favourite party snack, turned into a cookie.
- 4 cups cornflake cereal
- 75g (1/2 cup) dried cranberries
- 60g (1/2 cup) sliced almonds
- 113g (1 stick) Gay Lea Unsalted Butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 100g (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350˚F.
- Prepare two12-cup muffin tins with paper cupcake liners.
- Mix the cornflakes, cranberries and almonds in a large bowl, using your hands to slightly crush the cornflakes. Set aside.
- Place the butter, honey, sugar and salt in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once the butter is completely melted and the mixture is frothy, pour it over the cereal, fruit and nut mixture.
- Working quickly, with a rubber spatula, mix the wet ingredients into the dry until the cereal flakes are completely coated.
- Use a 3-tablespoon cookie scoop to divide the mixture evenly between the muffin tins.
- Use your fingers to gently press the mixture into the tins.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 350˚F.
- Remove tins from oven and place on a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before turning the cookies out of the paper liners.
- Store in an airtight container.