Summer in France: Nérac night market

Nerac night market lights on eatlivetravelwrite.comIt’s July 14th. Bastille Day as it’s known outside France. And I’m sure there will be parties and fireworks and good food and wine. It’s the French way – always but especially in the summer. One of the things I love the most about France is the festive nature of the summer – from the weekly markets buzzing even more than usual to the hopping night markets you’ll find all over rural France, it’s a happy time to visit.

But it’s the night markets that I really love. It’s hard to explain just what this whole “night market” scene is about to people who have not experienced them, but basically they are celebrations of good food, wine, music and friends. La joie de vivre, as they say. Over the years travelling through France (and Italy), I’ve visited many night markets but now we have a vacation rental property in Nérac, I have to say the night market here is a firm favourite! I’ve written about my love (and tips for enjoying) the night markets before but today I thought I would share a bit more – another video giving you a taste of the market – music, food, wine and atmosphere!

Can’t get to a night market this summer? Here’s the next best thing!

, , , , ,

11 Responses to Summer in France: Nérac night market

1. Mr. Neil July 14, 2016 at 08:07 #

Sigh.

Wish I was there….. 🙂

2. Isabelle @ Crumb July 15, 2016 at 17:12 #

This looks like so much fun! So many delicious things to eat and drink… I don’t think I’d be able to choose. (Though the rose for 1 euro a glass sounds like it would be a good start. 😉 )
    I can totally see why you fell in love with Nerac!

• Mardi Michels July 16, 2016 at 02:04 #

The rosé for 1€ a glass is a good deal but the bottle for 5€ is even better!!!

3. Pam M July 18, 2016 at 02:40 #

Wish I was there also, looks wonderful.

• Mardi Michels July 18, 2016 at 09:08 #

Sometime you will come in the summer. At Christmas there are lovely markets too, though 🙂

4. mercedes foy July 10, 2017 at 14:43 #

Hi
    We are going to a wedding this weekend. We are staying 10minutes from Nerac. Will the night market be on this Friday night? What time does it start at? It sounds fantastic and we would love to go if it is on.
    I would appreciate any advice you can give?
    Many thanks in advance

• Mardi Michels July 11, 2017 at 06:42 #

Hi there (I did email you privately as well!)! Unfortunately the night market here is only on Tuesday nights in the summer.

On Friday evening, you could check out the night markets in the nearby towns of Vianne or Le Frechou (both about 20 minutes from Nérac). And, if you are around on the weekend, you won’t want to miss the Saturday morning market here in town. Hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions, cheers, Mardi