Posted by https://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2016/07/big-chopped-salad-with-lemon-poppyseed-vinaigrette/
© 2016 eat. live. travel. write.. All rights reserved.
Big chopped bacon lettuce avocado and tomato salad with lemon-poppyseed vinaigrette
Salad for dinner? Yes, when it involves bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado and a poached egg dressed in a lemon poppyseed vinaigrette!
For the salad
- 2-3 handfuls mixed salad leaves (I used mostly romaine to keep some crunch!), shredded finely
- 10-12 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 rashers bacon, cooked and roughly chopped or crumbled
- 1/2 small avocado, cubed
- 1 poached or soft-boiled egg
- For the dressing (makes 175mls/ 3/4 cup so it's much more than you need for 1 serve)
- 80mls (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (not the grainy kind)
- 1/2 teaspoon poppyseeds
- salt and pepper, to taste
- For the dressing:
- Place all ingredients in a clean jam jar and shake well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- Place the salad leaves and tomatoes in a large bowl. Mix to combine.
- Shake the salad dressing well.
- Dress the salad according to taste then use a pair of tongs or salad utensils to toss the salad, thoroughly coating the leaves with the dressing.
- Add in the bacon and avocado and gently toss the leaves to combine.
- Serve topped with the poached or soft boiled egg.
Note: the dressing recipe yields approximately 175mls (3/4 cup) of dressing which is more than you will need for 1 serve of salad.