Posted by https://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2016/05/spaghetti-with-tomatoes-lemon-feta-and-arugula/
© 2016 eat. live. travel. write.. All rights reserved.
Spaghetti with tomatoes, lemon, feta and arugula
A lovely bright pasta sauce featuring fresh tomatoes, lemon, feta and arugula.
- 50g (1/4 cup) pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 medium-sized fresh tomatoes (approx 2lb/ 900g), roughly chopped
- zest of 2 lemons (1 packed tablespoon)
- juice of 2 lemons (125mls/ 1/2 cup)
- 3 generous handfuls of arugula (rocket)
- 300g spaghetti
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil plus extra for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small frying pan, toast the pine nuts over medium heat, stirring constantly, until they start to turn golden in colour. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In a heavy skillet, over medium-high heat, sauté the garlic until it’s just fragrant and starting to soften (a couple of minutes).
- Add the diced tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes are soft.
- Add the lemon zest and juice and pine nuts and reduce heat to low.
- Cook until most of the liquid has evaporated and you are left with a saucy consistency.
- Add the arugula and stir to just combine.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water until al dente (approximately 10 minutes or according to directions on package).
- Drain well and add to the tomato mixture. Combine pasta and sauce gently using tongs to completely mix in the sauce.
- Just before serving, add the crumbled feta, pine nuts and chopped basil.