Posted by https://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2016/03/tandoori-marinating-steak-with-roasted-curried-cauliflower/
© 2016 eat. live. travel. write.. All rights reserved.
Tandoori Marinating Steak
8 hrs 15 mins
A flavourful marinated flank steak for something a little different. Use Tri-Tip, Flank, Sirloin Tip, Inside or Outside or Eye of Round.
- 1 cup (250 ml) plain yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1tbsp (15 ml) minced gingerroot,
- 1tbsp (15 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1tbsp (15 ml) hot curry powder
- 1 tsp (5ml) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5ml salt
- 2 lb (1kg) thick-cut Marinating Flank Steak
- Combine yogurt, garlic, onion, gingerroot, lemon juice, curry powder, chili powder and salt in large zipper-type freezer bag.
- Pierce steak all over with fork. Place in freezer bag with yogurt mixture; refrigerate for 8 to 12 hours to marinade.
- Discard marinade. Pat steak dry with paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper. Grill over medium-high heat, turning with tongs at least twice. Cook to medium-rare doneness, until thermometer inserted sideways into steak reads 145°F (63°C).