Posted by https://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2016/03/checking-in-eating-localish-this-winter-with-my-front-door-organics-frofreshbox/
© 2016 eat. live. travel. write.. All rights reserved.
Roasted cauliflower and sunchoke soup
Roast those winter vegetables to make this velvety smooth soup!
- 1 head cauliflower (approx 1lb/ 450g)
- 3-4 sunchokes (approximately 250g)
- 1 large onion (250g)
- 4 cloves garlic
- fresh thyme leaves from approximately 3 sprigs (small branches, around 3” long)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 250mls (1 cup) chicken or vegetable stock (extra as required to achieve the consistency you prefer)
- 250mls (1 cup) milk
- fresh thyme to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 375˚F.
- Wash the sunchokes.
- Chop the sunchokes and cauliflower into similar-sized cubes.
- Roughly chop the onion and garlic.
- Place vegetables and thyme leaves in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, tossing well to coat.
- Spread the vegetables in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Roast at 375˚F for approximately 35-45 minutes until they are just starting to caramelize. The vegetables should be “fork mashable” at this stage.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, gently heat the milk and vegetable stock in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the vegetables and simmer for around 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Use an immersion blender to purée the soup.
- Serve with a sprinkle of fresh thyme.