Posted by https://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2016/01/update-eating-local-in-the-winter-with-my-front-door-organic-fresh-box/
© 2016 eat. live. travel. write.. All rights reserved.
Roasted celeriac and parsnip soup
1 hr 15 mins
Use those winter root vegetables in this tasty soup!
- 675g celeriac (celery root)
- 750g parsnips
- 1 large onion (250g)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1.5 litres (6 cups) chicken or vegetable stock
- green onions and pumpkin seeds to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 375˚F.
- Peel and roughly chop the celeriac and parsnips into similar-sized cubes.
- Roughly chop the onion (into approximately 8 pieces).
- Place the vegetables on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat and drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast vegetables for approximately 45 minutes or until they are just starting to caramelize and soften.
- Remove from oven and place in a medium pot with the stock, over medium-high heat.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for around 20 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to purée the soup.
- This is not a smooth soup so if that is the texture you prefer, you can run the soup through a metal sieve.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds and finely chopped green onion for crunch!