Posted by https://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2015/09/whats-cooking-apple-crumble-galette/
© 2015 eat. live. travel. write.. All rights reserved.
Apple crumble in galette form!
- approx 250-300g puff pastry
- 2 x Granny Smith apples (approx 200g each), peeled, cored and sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons (40g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (50g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (60g) dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (40g) large flake rolled oats (not instant)
- 3 tablespoons (30g) slivered almonds
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Pre-heat the oven to 375˚F.
- Roll out your pastry to approximately 25cm (10 inch) round.
- Place the apple slices evenly over the pastry base, leaving approximately a 2cm border around the edge.
- Mix the butter, flour, brown sugar, rolled oats and almonds together in a small bowl.
- Scatter the crumble evenly over the apple slices.
- Fold the uncovered edges of dough up and around the filling, working your way around the galette. You'll end up with pleated edges that are a little rough and you might need to trim some uneven parts to ensure you don't end up with a thick area of just crust.
- Brush the edges of the crust with the egg wash.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the crust is puffed and golden.