Posted by https://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2015/09/review-kitchenaid-torrent-blender/
© 2015 eat. live. travel. write.. All rights reserved.
Roast potato soup with the Torrent Blender
- 450g (1pb) potatoes, chopped into 2cm pieces (not peeled)
- 2 medium onions, chopped into 8 pieces each
- 4 cloves garlic
- drizzle of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 750mls vegetable stock
- freshly chopped chives, to serve
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375˚F.
- In a medium bowl, toss the potatoes with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking tray.
- In a separate bowl, toss the onion and garlic with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the onions on a separate parchment-lined tray.
- Roast the onions for approximately 25 minutes until they just start to colour.
- Roast the potatoes for 35 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.
- Cool the potatoes and onions until they come to room temperature.
- Pour the vegetable stock in the Torrent Blender.
- Add the vegetables.
- Place the lid on the jug and lock into position in the blender.
- Select the "soup" programme.
- If your soup is too thick for your liking, use the ingredient funnel to add some more liquid to the jug and use the "pulse" setting to bend a few times.
- Season to taste and serve topped with freshly-chopped chives.